Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: project bronco

I bet that C6 is in good shape...didn't they come from the factory needing a rebuild?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Shaggy
    no.. the c6 is a strong transmission

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    no F is for "fords suck"
    no f- is for f you scout

and eric the c-6 is one of the stongest tranny's ford made.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    no F is for "fords suck"
    From the well-informed automotive enthusiasts that brought you "hey guys whats TTB?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    and eric the c-6 is one of the stongest tranny's ford made.
    so what does that mean? It's almost as strong as a 700r4 raptor?

okay I'll stop polluting your thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

C6 =~ th400

BigRedFord04
    just outta curiosity.....shouldnt you figure out which bolt pattern is on the tranny before you decide between SB and BB? either way, i'd stay away from a big heavy, drop an Explorer 5.0 in it and go.

you need to lose A LOT of weight on that big mother fugger....and whatever canadian BS gas tank system they rigged into it. lose the top, the doors, the tailgate, the front fenders, cut off about 2/3 of the hood and put some tube and a stinger up front. i'd then suggest completely cutting out all the floor behind the front seats, dovetail, lay some tube, hang a fuel cell and build some hoops to put coilovers inside the cab. if you REALLY wanna get fancy you should section about 2 feet outta the middle of the body. "FULL SIZES SUCK" -DK

thats just my opinion, and other than a fuel cell, coilovers and a little tube all FREE. you could even make some $$ selling all that extra metal at the scrap yard, just ask Tate

just think.....that thing could turn into a COMPLETE hack job by the time you're done. after seeing what all the people were wheeling in Arkansas/Tenessee (which i'll have pics up soon) i've been even further reaffirmed that a huge heavy beast trail rig is not what works best.

its the BB c6. well about the body, i was going to see about taking all the dents out first. get a nice paint job with a shiney clear coat. but yeah, in time, im going to take the top off, get some tube doors, or make them rather, dove tail the rear, try to do somthin about the front to lighten it up. i dunno we'll see what happens. but i'd like to get it running and do the shackle flip and lower the coil towers first.

BigRedFord04
    i think you'll be missing a very important step if you get it running before hacking the sh!t outta the body. fukk clear coat on a trail rig....gloss is ok, but only if it comes from a can that rattles. remember TRAIL RIG...its supposed to be ugly.

its gonna get painted flat black i think. maybe i didnt lay the sarcasm on hard enough.

BigRedFord04
    i still think you missed the important part of that post. maybe i didnt lay on the "CUT THE SH!T OUTTA THAT THING AND DITCH AS MUCH WEIGHT AND EXTRA METAL AS POSSIBLE IF YOU WANT IT TO IN ANY WAY BE A RESPECTABLE TRAIL RIG" hard enough.

full width half ton axles under the weight of a toyota will get you a lot farther than if they've got the 7000lbs of a bronco pushing down on them. do you wanna wheel or fix your sh!t on the trail all the time?

DO IT GOT DAMMIT! RESPECT MY AUTHORI-TIE!
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 10-08-2004 at 09:07 PM.

fyi............... its gettin bastardized after it is running and all the little stuff is fixed. good nuff?

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFord04
    i still think you missed the important part of that post. maybe i didnt lay on the "CUT THE SH!T OUTTA THAT THING AND DITCH AS MUCH WEIGHT AND EXTRA METAL AS POSSIBLE IF YOU WANT IT TO IN ANY WAY BE A RESPECTABLE TRAIL RIG" hard enough.

full width half ton axles under the weight of a toyota will get you a lot farther than if they've got the 7000lbs of a bronco pushing down on them. do you wanna wheel or fix your sh!t on the trail all the time?

DO IT GOT DAMMIT! RESPECT MY AUTHORI-TIE!

he wants something to wheel and screw around in, i dont think you got that, he isnt trying to build a hardcore trail rig, on 38's thats gonna need one tons and with 35's he prolly isnt gonna break to much ****, unless shall we say he was trying to wheel a long wheel base truck on 37's and drives like he stole it, and a bronco only weighs around 5,800-6k lbs thats all i got to say for now.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

BigRedFord04
    why build a trail rig you're not gonna beat the ever living sh!t out of? especially if you can concede to not driving it on the street. you say i drive mine like i stole it? i actually care about how my truck turns out....wait 'til you see me in something that is trail only and i dont care what happens to btw, i think you're underestimating how much those broncos weigh. my truck weighs in at less than 5800lbs now.

why do you think this will not be a trail only rig? i already have 2 that serve as DD's. i dont plan on doing it all at once, but its gonna get beat up( i hope at least) and not driven on the street much. i'll get it registered just because i do not have a trailor. But other than that, the only reason it will be street driven is to get it to where i need to go.