Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Tater Bronco

Shaggy
    here are a few pics of todays progress and a pic of the hydro assist
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Shaggy
    well i went to the shop for a little while today and got a little done... very little but some none the less... i messed with the dana60 calipers that i need to rebuild... i have the kit and it consist of a couple gaskets and whatnot but i cant figure it out. then i moved on to the steering box that i just got back... i dug through my random bolt buckets and only found two bolts... so it only has two and not three in it right now... next i moved on to see if i could get my old exaust back in without pulling the engine and body off... well the driver side went in with the highlift at may height on the body moving it away from the frame... it is just sitting in there not bolted up but it is where it needs to be. Luckily that side looks like it is gonna clearance the new crossmember and driveshaft and all... so next i go to the tricky side... i dont know if many of you know but headers wrap around the starter really tight on the pass side... everytime i have ever had to change the starter i have had to unbolt the exaust... well the problem has gotten worse... when i boxed the frame i took away the manovering room to get the header back in... so if i wanna get it in i am either gonna have to but the weld on the header to the tube or i am gonna have to hoist the engine up and when i try that im still not sure it even will fit seeing as i took away that c frame space and boxed it... well that is all i have for today... did you enjoy my one long sentence

Shaggy
    Does anyone have an engine hoist i can borrow... i really dont have the means to buy one right now

Yup.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    to rebuild the calipers you take them off, then put something like a wood 2x4 in the caliper after you have undone the break lines and taken it off the vehicle, and removed the pads. now take air compressor and blow it into the hole where your brakeline use to go. be careful they will shoot out with quitea bit of force. then check for any rust or pitting in the cylinder where the piston came from. reinstall pistons and seals and boom your done. but i would jsut buy new calipers rebuilding them aer kinda pain in the arse, and if the seal doesnt get set right you run possibilities of it leaking and you go to do it again.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I would rebuilt them. Chevy D60 Bendix calipers are $60 each after the core charge and I imagine Ford's dual piston calipers are even more.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Shaggy
    they are pitted really bad... but i think they will seal up... i need to call on a price and see if i cant afford new ones

Shaggy
    i installed the driverside shock mount... it looks pretty damn good... and i modified the bottom mount for the pass side i just need to clean it up and weld it on then i can drill the holes and mount the top side...

i dont have power enough to run the air compressor in the shop so would someone mind if i brought the calipers by their house and get them apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    i installed the driverside shock mount... it looks pretty damn good... and i modified the bottom mount for the pass side i just need to clean it up and weld it on then i can drill the holes and mount the top side...

i dont have power enough to run the air compressor in the shop so would someone mind if i brought the calipers by their house and get them apart?
    when you want to do it?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Shaggy
    i am all dirty right now so today would be good for me

Shaggy
    if anyone wants to do a little wrenching gime me a call... ill be at the shop

Shaggy
    ok well i had a long ass post but my buzing ass hit the wrong button and lost it so here is the short run

headers are in -rest of exaust (open headers redneck baby)
    pass side top shock mount is installed to match yesterday's driverside
    just need to weld in bottom mount on pass side(the reason driver and pass side are different have something to do with driver side using square u bolts and pass side using round ones.

Shaggy
    well today i finally installed the new body mounts and bolted the tub down. after that i put the last piece on the 205 that i was missing and austin sents me a couple months ago. i installed shocks from my shock pile and have decided that none of them are long enough for where they are. The ones i have up front will probably be long enough for the back so i just need some longer front ones. I also found out that since i raised the tranny when i built the new crossmember that it didnt quite clear the tub. so a hammer came out and it is flat against it pushing up on the floor boards. I can deal with that but i also am gonna have to clearance it where the transmission linkage is at because right now you cant shift it out of neutral. i am also gonna have to do some clearancing where the rear driveshaft meets the tcase. but it will all pay off in the end because my tcase only hangs like 1" below the frame rail. I will never hit it. I think that is all I got done today.

damn sounds like it is making some progress
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Shaggy
    well yesterday i didnt really get anything done... a lot of bull****ting and i got the shockmount welded on... all shock mounts are done ... just ready for shocks now...
    today was a little more productive, I installed the steering column and gas and break pedals. and also the driver seat. I patched the rear bumper that was dammaged and put it on... it is just held by 2 bolts right not instead of 4 because my drill was being evil and i broke 2 5/8 drill bits... i might have fubard the shank on my dewalt but not sure yet... it also killed garrets 69$ reamer... so i think it might be my drill... i am gonna look into the warrenty on the thing... hell it was over 200$... oh i also put the gas filler neck on... i wanted to mount it in the factory place but gravity worked against me on that one and i didnt wanna cut it out and move it up and deal with getting it beadlined again... so it is just sticking up in the back... i am enjoying my progress lately because it seems like things are coming together... i cant work on it tomorrow because i have a group project and a self project that the professor says takes 10 hours and also a test to study for... fun day tomorrow

peace out
    tater