Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Tater Bronco

Shaggy
    i looked into getting new calipers for the 60 cause mine are pretty fubared... is $71 a decent price for a dual piston caliper... or should i look elseware... and if so where?

Shaggy
    I got my new goodies in... the isolator is freaking huge... didnt expect it to be so damn big after seeing the hellroaring one the other day... compare it next to the optimas
    Attached Images Attached Images          

merry christmas to tate

Damn that thing is a monster. Those gauges look like they belong in a model T. Why the retro look?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

gauges are hella pimp
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

so what does this isolator do exactly?

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    i looked into getting new calipers for the 60 cause mine are pretty fubared... is $71 a decent price for a dual piston caliper... or should i look elseware... and if so where?
    I could probably get them for you cheaper.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

True Hollywood Stry
    i think mine we 60 at oriely tate
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Shaggy
    the gagues are street rod style... a little retro but hell my bronco was built over 26 years ago... i think they are bad dood... and the isolator is to rig up a dual battery setup... still need a silonoide to make it switchable... i think i am gonna go with the s55 borge warner one that austin used in his truck

ill be your pickup man
    unloadded reman caliper for a 93 D60 is $38, in stock. New one would be ordered(next day) and was like $60.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Chris, the isolator allows two batteries to be charged off one alternator. It keep them seperated so if one dies it doesnt discharge the other one. Thats a damn good price for any D60 caliper, mine cost $60 each and they're just the bendix ones, not the fancy dual pistons.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Shaggy
    how big of an alternator should i get... I have heard that Rick's Starter can beef up alternators but havent called them yet. stock alternator is 55amps and i think i wanna run something like 100amps or so... Jimmy didnt you upgrade to something blingy in the 100 amp range?...

On a gasser with some accesories I would run at least 100 amp. On the burban I had a 140 amp cause I had a stereo too but the 65 amp stock alternator in pigpen seems to keep up fine, but my motor doesnt use any electricity, just the fans do.

Shaggy
    my isolator is rated to 200 amps so i would like to get as close to that as possible

Shaggy
    well i got some progress on the bronco today after work... i got the front calipers in, installed the toolbox, installed the hood, dovetailed the front end... i think it turned out kinda nice... i am gonna modify the grill to fit in the factory lights. here are a few pics

the front end before

after

uncut fender propped up

nother

good couple of hours