Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Tater Bronco

lookin good

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    looks real good, it's starting to come together.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

what size wheel do you have the IROKS on, and what would you guess the tire pressure is right now? They look really narrow compared to other pics and the few times I've seen one in person

Shaggy
    17"... and 34 lbs or so... they are on a 9" rim so they is skinny

Shaggy
    what is the best way to get the inner fender out from the skin... it is tackwelded all around and hitting a screwdriver with a hammer is taking too long... i might try the air hammer but has anyone had to cut them out before... i just want to use the skin to save on some weight and i have to beat out the pass side fender where it is smashed from the roll

Shaggy
    headed out to the shop to get some more work done... call my cell or come on by if you wanna lend a hand

Shaggy
    ok well got the front clip bolted down by robbing back the bushings i stole for the transmission xmember... i need a bit shorter ones for it anyways... threw on the doors so when i get the skins off the innerfenders i can mock them up and make it look atleast a little nice... it looks like i am gonna have to hack like half the fender to make room for the tires though... i put on my old mechanical fan because i am running out of money and will have to wait on the electric stuff till another day... threw the radiator in there but didnt bolt it down because i lack the rubber pieces that go on the bottom of it to absorb the vibration... i guess ford is the only place to get new ones... or old ones from jyard... anyone know anywhere else to get em?... wasnt a very productive day thus far and i might call it quits and just take the bronco back to storage... work will resume the 26th after 3pm

Shaggy
    couple pics as it sits behind the f150
    Attached Images Attached Images        

For the radiator clapy pads I lost the top ones on pigpen and just used a couple of pieces of big hose. They worked fine. So getting the grill mounted was a step backwards cause now you have no tranny mounts right?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Shaggy
    yes but they were a little too tall anyways... i built the crossmember thinking i could use something about half as tall... now i just need to find something and it will get my shift linkage out of the body

Tate, just ditch the body and go FormulaBronco. Yeah, it's a formula revolution. Let's see, yours could be pastel Pink. You'll be the 3rd in the "Elite" FormulaPink group.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Shaggy
    no way... not till it is bashed worse than those other rigs

Shaggy
    I ordered cutting breaks form poly-performance december 21st and they still are not here... i called them a couple min ago and he said he would try and track the order down and call me back... has anyone had trouble with them in the past

Shaggy
    ok he just called me back and said his supplier is on backorder... they said they would be shipped out on thursday so it shouldnt be long after that that i get it.... its a bummer they just didnt tell me it was on backorder... i got all stressed over nothing

Quote Originally Posted by davido
    Tate, just ditch the body and go FormulaBronco. Yeah, it's a formula revolution. Let's see, yours could be pastel Pink. You'll be the 3rd in the "Elite" FormulaPink group.
    Hey Dave, think I can have the first FormulaZ71? I'm tired of staying dry when it rains
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools