Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Tater Bronco

Shaggy
    I went to home depot today and picked up a soldering iron and some heat shrink thinking i might start on wiring... well i didnt... that damn kit looks like it is gonna take plenty of planning and a full day atleast to make it as neat as i want it. Then i modified the front headlights and moched them up. Just need to weld them in and clip out space in the grill for them. I think it is actually gonna look pretty sweet narrowed. I then began to ponder the location of the dual batteries and other stuff and have decided to mount the batteries, isolator, power inverter and pretty much all underhood wiring in the toolbox. Anything that you would hard mount to a fenderwell is gonna be mounted via carpet wrapped board as you would see at any custom amp. stereo place... and it is gonna be mounted in the toolbox. I figured that with all that stuff properly installed in there that it would be safer from the weather and whatnot. Only downfall is less space for tools and spare parts. But hell the bronco is still fullsize there is other places to mount spare parts and whatnot.

Shaggy
    I wanna run a line lock on the front axle... which one should i get?... what one do you run?... Is it worth the money?

What good a line lock on front axle do you?

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Hey Tate, not sure if you need any help with stuff next week. But if I get my truck back I'll be in town if you need a hand. Got nothing else to do.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Shaggy
    well i am gonna have cutting breaks in the back... figured i would lock out the front for some fun burns and digs

Shaggy
    I found a baddood alternator 200amps that would bolt up but am not willing to shell out 300$ so i am gonna go with a sexy black powder coated 140amp one... i also found a high performance powersteering pump, the b&m truck megashifter, and some bushings that will actually work for my transmission crossmember... but i am not ordering it tonight... i am gonna wait for davido to let me know if he still needs to piggyback something from summit

So I take it the waterbucket alternator didnt work? I have a plain ol' Jegs linelock, it cost $40 and works great. Since it wasnt a big investment I can say it was worth it just for doing burnouts in the street in front of my house. I did use it for an e-brake at Clayton, since my mechanical one isnt hooked up yet. I know they bleed off over time but mine seemed to hold fine for an hour or so at a time.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

From what I can tell, Summit discontinued the lights that I wanted. But I think they have them at the local parts stores now.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Shaggy
    mmk

Shaggy
    i ordered the stuff i was talking about yesterday... other things still needed to buy are 10.25 disc break stuff, doubler stuff, crossover knuckle... who knows... i think i need another job

Shaggy
    i just ordered a ford np203 gearbox, doubler, and tripple stick shifter from ORD and earlier i ordered wagner rotors, calipers, and pads for the 10.25

Shaggy
    the guy that knew the hell what was going on at ord called me today and i talked him into drilling the bolt holes for the 205 so that it is clocked 2"... flat with the 203. said they should have it shipped out by the end of next week.

Shaggy
    well i went to pick up the disc stuff for the 10.25 today and luckly i opened up both boxes with the rotors up... one of them was mislabled and was a 5 lug one. so tomorrow i get to go back and pick up the other 8 lug one they ordered... fun stuff.
    Then i went out to the shop and mostly just cleaned today. It was getting pretty sloppy in there and i couldnt really work. Only work i got done was finally putting on the spark plug wires. i had to look in the book because i forgot the firing order. Turns out i feel dumb because it was like the easiest one there is. so for now i am just sitting around waiting on parts mostly, because i dont feel like installing all of the ones i have sitting around already

Shaggy
    well today was tear down old hard work. I pulled off the rear tires planning on taking the drum breaks off but i put my wheel spacers on with an impact and dont have proper power to run the compressor at the shop so i moved on. Then i tore apart the front 60. Got it all apart and knuckle off to send off for crossover. the stubshaft on the driver-side has nasty splines which made taking the hub off very interesting. I should have not used that stubshaft last time i had it apart. i have two spares so i think i am gonna put one of them in and keep this one for spare. Then i took off the front driveshaft and pulled the np205. I should have all my goodies for the doubler in a little over a week so that is my reason for that. oh and when pulling the 205 i think i broke my finger. all in all pretty productive couple of hours. oh and the first pic is of the spark plug wires on from yesterday... i still need to add the little clippy things to keep them organized
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Shaggy
    see the shaft isnt quite perfect
    Attached Images Attached Images