Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Tater Bronco

Shaggy
    well sunday austin and I got the np205 together and bolted it up to the tranny to find out i have to make a new crossmember... not a big supprise... i then picked out two driveshafts from my pile and i just need to shorten the rear one 2.5" and the front about 3"... monday i picked out the gas tank i want to use from my junkyard... i decided to go with the 33 gal because i really dont think the 16 gal will be neirly enough and how is it saving weight if i have to carry jerry cans.... i cleaned it up and moched up where it was going to go... today i put it in having to fabricate clamps to keep it in place... i found out that there is a tiny little leak in it that i will repair later... turns out that it has had the leak for a long time and i never knew it... the old skid plate was full of gas soaked mud. I am now about to either do the crossmember or the driveshafts... dunno yet... that is all for now... feel free to come by but i dont really need any help at this point

Shaggy
    well i have the crossmember bout half way done... gonna take a grocery store and dinner break and then hopefully finish it tonight... depends if my neighbors mind the noise... i toasted the wiring to the garage plug... all the breakers are fine but it no work... chop saw takes too much power

Shaggy
    ok i am headed back outside to finish the crossmember and start on the driveshafts if there is time... prob not

Shaggy
    called it a night because i need to get a new chop saw wheel and it was too loud... made a few mistakes fabbing the crossmember but have figured them out... i think it is gonna turn out good

Any pictures of the progress?

Shaggy
    i guess i could go outside and take some... give me a couple min

Shaggy
    ok the first picture is of the gas tank with the clamps on the frame. the second one is how low it sits under the frame and the third is the np205... ill put pics up of the crossmember when it is done
    Attached Images Attached Images      

you did twin stick the 205 right?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Shaggy
    well i havent built the shifter yet but yes twin stick.... front wheel burnouts i cant wait

Are you going to hold off on the doubler for a while?

Shaggy
    here are the two spots you hook the shifters to
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shaggy
    Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    Are you going to hold off on the doubler for a while?

yes for right now it isnt in my budget and it will be easy to just throw in and re-tube the driveshafts when the time comes for it

Shaggy
    ill be out in the garage working on it most of the day

Shaggy
    i just shocked myself (220) unpluging the welder... maby i should put in a functional on/off switch in the welder

Shaggy
    calling it quits for the day early... i have the crossmember fabbed up just need to add in some kind of bushings so the tranny can flex... i might be back out there later tonight after i have had some time to think about it or find something that will work