Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Tater Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    i just shocked myself (220) unpluging the welder... maby i should put in a functional on/off switch in the welder
    naw just leave your gloves on
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Shaggy
    i decided it is easier and safer to unplug it from the wall not the extention cord... and gloves sounds like a good idea..

i have the crossmember all built and the bushings picked out all i have left on it is drilling the holes to put in the bushings and the holes to mount it to the frame. as well as the holes in the frame and painting it all purdy... i need to go get bolts also... this will actually take me the better part of the day... gosh i build things slow

I think I'm coming up tonight, so I'll bring your jack by as soon as I get there. Thanks for letting me use it.
    BDR

Shaggy
    no prob

Shaggy
    here is the crossmember... ill put it back in and take a pic in a couple min
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shaggy
    ok first pic is a front view... second is rear view and third is the bushings under the transmission... i'll show how that drop works when i get a driveshaft in there
    Attached Images Attached Images      

usmcagg02
    looks good

the top bushings may not last very long w/ that casting digging in. may try using something like a thick rubber mat or stacked mudflap material with a custom metal washer cut from tin or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    the top bushings may not last very long w/ that casting digging in. may try using something like a thick rubber mat or stacked mudflap material with a custom metal washer cut from tin or something.

or fender washers just like you have on the bottom

Shaggy
    ya i thought about that when i looked at that pic... i have some washers i am gonna put in tomorrow after work

That crossmember is simple, yet elegant. I really dig it. I almost wish I hadnt started on all the tube bending and **** I'm doing for mine but its too late to go back now! I may lose my $1 to you yet!
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    i like the bushings on the crossmember, are those body bushings? Its coming together but what i can deduce from the second picture your are gonna have to stop if like the flintstones since you aint got no calipers...
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Shaggy
    i have calipers they just are not on it... those bushings are the front two bushings that go on the front of the body but im not running a front clip so i found a good use for em... they are polyeurithane (sp?) and i think they will do

I like that crossmember. I need to make one like it for the front case, but I'm not that motivated. I think you might want to look into putting some triangles near those corners. They may experience a lot of stress.

Shaggy
    i am pretty sure it is atleast ten times as strong as the stock crossmember