Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Tater Bronco

I meant clock it up. Hypothetically it would move the output away from the pan.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

It looks to me like the driveshaft ears are rubbing on the yoke.

You may be able to grind some of that problem away, but I don't know how much I'd trust that as a long-term fix.

Shaggy
    as soon as i get some money the 203 is going in there and it will scoot it back and this problem will be no more

Mud King
    get tom woods superflex joints thats what he put in my front shaft so the ears wouldnt rub...

Shaggy
    sounds like $$... i am gonna try something on the cheap

Yea good choice on doing the doubler. Would be alot of work for that auto to spin the 39s with only a 205 and 4.10s behind it.

As for the crossmember/ujoint contact situation, find a piece of 4-6" pipe and saddle it into the tubing where it rubs, then plate the bottom of the drop down with 3/8-1/2" plate or so. If you don't plate the bottom, at least ad some sacraficial welds on the edges/corners, eventually they'll wear through, so better to do it now.

I'd cut the shafts in the middle and then sleeve them. But it looks you've allready got that part done.

Shaggy
    ok well my girlfriend moved back to san antonio and i dont think i want to waist all the extra time i have on school so progress will start again shortly.. the only problem is i dont know where i want to start... we will see what happens

Make a list and number it, then strictly follow it. If you cant make yourself do that, then write down each individual job that needs to be done on little pieces of paper, put them all in a hat, then draw untill the thing is done.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

or just do like me, know what you want to do and work on whatever you feel like working on each day. it still gets done and you can adjust for parts availability and order of operations.

Shaggy
    i was thinking about it while in class and the first step is gonna be to make more room in the shop... this is something that i always have to do at each new location(this being #3 for this rebuild) next is going to be find hardware to bolt tub on, patch leak in gas tank, cut hole in tub for gas tank, then finally bolt the body down. one of my biggest concerns is that i STILL need a ford np203... i have been looking(not so activly) for over a year and have comeup with nada. another thing i should go ahead and do is send off my steering box to get drilled and tapped for hydro assist(i won a stage ii setup at tcc so this is a freebee)lots of stuff left but atleast i have all the time in the world. one of my missions this year is to get rid of ALL of the crap in my shop that i dont need and wont be going on the bronco... it all has to be gone before i move to san antonio in the summer

Shaggy
    I just called west texas offroad and all i need to do is go out to she shop and get the steering box and send it to them... so that is one of my goals for this week... maby even today

the cheby np203s are different aren't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

yup

just making sure becaues I know of a cheby 203, I figured they were but you never know
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

i shoulda taken the 203 outa my peice of crap that i had. i have that dudes email if you want it. he'd sell it im sure