Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: YES, another bronco buildup..

savvyaggie

YES, another bronco buildup..

Last night I started working on the new(used) lift lift that bought from tate. I added on a couple of pictures to show the progress.

I did not take a before pics so.... This pic is not my bronco, but one similiar, Mine was missing a glass and had a different color door. overall in the same condition (well mine was a bit worse), and color.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 10-06-2004 at 10:41 AM.

savvyaggie
    Then I added a 3" body lify(I know ), longer front coils and 2" blocks in the rear(also ), 33/12.5 Pro Comp MT's black rims, removed the swaybars, bumpers, etc... And mad few other small mods.. This pic ws after Alto, before carwash...
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 10-06-2004 at 11:36 AM.

savvyaggie
    Last night I started on the on the New(used) lift kit I got from tate... I disassembled everything, got all of the drop brackets mounted(with exception of a couple of bolts), and started remounting the TTB.

savvyaggie
    Tonight/evening I am going to finish the front(lift, longer brake lines, drop pitman arm), and start on the back, F250/F350 hangers. And I should be welding the gears and finshing the rear on Thurs evening. Oh, and I also have to take off the body lift and rear blocks....If anybody has a free evening and don't mind being paid in " all the you can drink". Then give me a shout(call or PM).
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 10-06-2004 at 11:19 AM.

Shaggy
    good work... glad to see the lift going on something that will see the trail soon

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    hey man im free just give me a call 214 695 7901

ditto gimmie a ring this weekend. 2103865708

savvyaggie
    Thanks for the offer guys, I just now saw them.... And thanks to mario for calling and offering his help, but it was already to late... Oh yeah, and I'll give a shot out to Ryan for pulling me out at Alto, and offering his help... If ya'll want to come tomorrow ya'll can, But my shop is about 24 miles away and I would never ask for ya'll to drive there..... I will be heading that way tomorrow about 6ish maybe 7ish, and if ya'll want ya'll can ride with me(I wouldn't ask ya'll to waste your gas)....I know that it will be Thursday, and everybody will be going out, but if you have nothing to do, and like free beer, then halla at me.....

I got alot done tonight... Finished up the front end(lift, brake lines, drop pitman arm, springs, etc), and mounted the rear hangers.. I still need to drill some more holes in the frame slap some bolts in them(for the rear), remove the body lift, blead the brakes(could not do that alone), remount the rear bumper(considering it only has 2 bolts, is should not be a problem), remove some blocks from the rear, and weld the rearend up, "locka".... It looks real funny right now with d@mn near 10" of lift and 33's...I know that it will be Thursday, and everybody will be going out, but if you have nothing to do, and like free beer, then halla at me.....

WHAT I NEED!!!!, some cheap shocks, and 35's.... I am willing to do a little swapping if andbody has some 35's and wants 33's....

Here are some pics of the progress so far....
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 10-06-2004 at 11:43 PM.

savvyaggie
    I think I should of mounted the hangers a little father back, what do ya'll think? should I move them back, or will they be fine?

True Hollywood Stry
    holy grabber green brackets batman, nah j/k man its looking really good. Are you gonna have to lengthen any of the driveshafts,

p.s paint that frame green and lissa might get a little rilled up.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

that looks hella nice man. i'll come out there if the person who drives back hasnt been drinkin. i'll help though, give up a night to help a little.

savvyaggie
    I had to stay with the camo colors(green), but I thought this green should have a little umph.

Tate said that he did not have to change his driveshafts..... and He had blocks, I figure that the different hangers will bring the axle closer than with blocks becasue it tilts forward. I havn't got anything in a bind yet so we will see(no brakes, I could not bleed them by my self), so we will see about the front. But I will be testing it as soon as possible, probably at the deer lease this weekend(unless for some reason my boss comes back early, and it will be in gilmer)...

Thanks william, I will see who will be coming tomorrow....
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 10-06-2004 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by savvyaggie
    I think I should of mounted the hangers a little father back, what do ya'll think? should I move them back, or will they be fine?
    That's about where you need to be. Any farther back and you run the risk of inverting a shackle under suspension droop.
    BDR

Yea if you were to do anything, move the hanger about .5" forward. But it'll be fine where it is.

Moose
    i've got 4 superlift 4" lift shocks. except they're all loop/stem (from my quad front shock setup).

you should be able to bleed them yourself. either buy those one way check valve brake bleeders. dip some anti-crimp hose in a glass jar filled with brake fluid and pump the brakes with the bleeder valve open. or... if you don't want to buy one of those expensive check valve brake bleeders, you could do this. attach this thing with the bleeder closed, then open the bleeder, pump the brakes till all the air is out, then close the bleeder. and the hose doesn't HAVE to be non-collapsing since it's only a one way check valve in the valve stem.
    Last edited by Moose; 10-07-2004 at 08:06 AM.