Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: YES, another bronco buildup..

savvyaggie
    Not sure if tonight is still on or not, I might have to work for a couple of hours after I get out of class at 5pm... will find out soon and post..

i always wondered what the heck TTB meant and just never thought to ask. now i see... something twinbeam? whats the other t for? how does it transfer torque to the passenger side? what are the pros, cons to it?

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    what are the pros, cons to it?
    pros: its already there

cons: it sucks

True Hollywood Stry
    [QUOTE=agjohn02]i always wondered what the heck TTB meant and just never thought to ask. whats the other t for?

twin traction beam
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

savvyaggie
    Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    pros: its already there

cons: it sucks

true dat!!!!

I can't complain to much much, it has done me well so far, but it does not compare to a solid front axle...

savvyaggie
    I think I am going to cancel the work seccion tonight, unless I can get off work early..... Thanks anyway guys....I might run out there for a few minutes later, but thats about it....

whatcha gonna do tonight to it?

savvyaggie
    I wasn't going to do anything to the Rover tonight, but I had to come to the shop to get a couple of things, and well, I just finished welding up the rearend,"locka"!!!! Funny how those things happen... We'll see if it holds, first time doing it....... Actually, there seem to be a slight amount of slack in the passsenger side "carrier/case beering" under the main cap(not sure exactly what that bearing is called).. Not sure if any or how much slack should be there, probably none, but we will see how long it last because it didn't slow me down any.... I will put it back togather tomorrow or sat.(and bleed the brakes, and take off the body lift)....

I am just ready to get it it's "off-road ability/performance" to a 2-3 on a 1-10 scale....

I forgot my camera, which is proboably a good thing because my welding skills are not the greatest....

I sure do want to go to gilmer this weekend...I hope my boss comes back in town early so I can go...

you ever gonna do a sas?

savvyaggie
    Quote Originally Posted by william_ace
    you ever gonna do a sas?
    maybe if I ever run out of other crap to do... nah, i will be getting a jeep soon (once I sell my truck), and I will have this as a backup/hunting buggy.... That is what it started out being(hunting buggy), I have a rack that bolts from the rear bumper to the windshield with swivel seats, spot lights,and gun racks(redneck, baby!!!!)..... Plus, including every everything that I have done to it within the last week, I only have about $1300 in the whole rig.... So it's my budget buildup.. Don't want to put to much money in it, because I might actually care about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    it's only a one way check valve in the valve stem.

isnt the valve stem backwards in the drawing?

savvyaggie
    Just put the rearend back togather, everything seems to be fine..... We'll see how long it will hold up.... I should be bringing it the the deer lease on sunday and trying it out... My deer lease is about 7 miles from fort hood, so ya'll know the terrian. I will take some pics...

savvyaggie
    Just finished breeding the brakes, and tightening a few bolts, so I thought I would check and how it flexed... I still have to take off the body lift, and do a few other small things...... but here are some current pics.... I was hopeing that the front springs were a little softer, but maybe they will loosen up over time. I actually got farther up my makeshift RTI ramp with my stock coil springs, removed swaybars, and just a body lift(over these springs and my leveling springs), what gives?? With my stock coil springs I could tuck my front wheel, and I could get to were I was sitting(in the pic)on the ramp....
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 10-09-2004 at 12:09 PM.

savvyaggie
    There are some soft ride springs on ebay right now, will that make any difference????

maybe, and i dont know for sure, but i bet if you found a set of used ext. radius arms that it would make a pretty large difference. then on top of that the soft riding springs, you'd have a very capable ttb bronc.