Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: State Inspection information needed

savvyaggie
    It sure is a good thing that he bought that hacked up blazer, it can't get to much body damage..

jwingfield2k
    total work done the repair the truck was $24,500.00. Insurance convered everything. They put a new frame under it, and transferred everything over.

BigRedFord04
    what was the truck valued at, at the time?

I thought they totalled at around half, that is not 50,000 truck
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

BigRedFord04
    full coverage insurance covers the entire value of the vehicle. if the damage doesnt exceed the present market worth they are obligated to fix it, or pay you the full market value of the truck. its cheaper for them to pay to have it fixed.

Violentv8toy
    from what i understand, these new ford trucks's frames are bolt together. My buddy bubba got hit in the front by a ranger right on the tow hook...never hit the body....

but it tweaked the frame and broke motor mounts. What they have to do is unbolt that section of the frame and put a new one on.

According to my insurance they will total the truck if the repair cost is more than 65-75% (sometimes they go higher) of the value of the truck. According to the insurance company that truck is probably worth $40000. So it would be cheaper to fix the truck then to pay for the truck.
    '50 F-1 (some day might be a 4x4)
    '10 Expedition EL
    '09 F150 Supercrew

jwingfield2k
    totalling a vehicle with my insurance company is if the damage is 80% or more of the current value. It was a $42,500.00 truck, and when it was hit the current value was something like 32.5k or something close to that. So it came real close. But I am have tranny problems, so they still owe me a tear down and rebuild if needed.