Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: End-O-Year Clayton Trip Dec 16~19

I couldn't wheel that and dent it up but I'm more than willing to watch
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    that truck would be COMPLETLY demolished if he took it up there. Clayton is NOT full-size friendly. He WILL get dents is he actually takes it on a trail - I have yet to see a full-size go on a trail out there without getting dents.

COST is free if we stay on the old property or $10?? a day at Frelands (you drop money in a box) - the other new land is probably also $10/day/truck
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Violentv8toy
    well hes not afraid of dents....but he certainly doesn't wanna roll it right out of the box.

Matt Conlee
    The old property is probably the best place for a truck that size. the old trails seem to be wider than some of the newer ones on Frelands but I bet that rig would be fun to see run 3 stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Violentv8toy
    ...can't wait to see it work.

I can't wait to see it break either..... er, work either.

[evil]ha ha ha ha[/evil]

Cool truck, but I would recommend he buy a Sami also. He could just leave it in Clayton when he's done. It'll be less than his body shop bill.
    Last edited by davido; 11-02-2004 at 03:42 PM.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

so, uh, im thinking about going if im done by then. how common is body damage at clayton for oh lets say a mid-sized rig about the size of a scout? and yes, i saw jimmy's door.

How I see it is if you don't want dents and scratches then ride along. People have made it through without any damage but them some have also made it rolling a few times.
    Don't worry though, after the first nice dent they start becoming fun
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    so, uh, im thinking about going if im done by then. how common is body damage at clayton for oh lets say a mid-sized rig about the size of a scout? and yes, i saw jimmy's door.
    His door was by far the worst body damage of the day. I screwed up my quarter and rear bumper because I inverted a shackle and couldn't turn, then I did the left front fender in when I inverted the same shackle later that day. Then after that, I ripped a front left brake line off, sheared a centerpin on the passenger side, and ripped the exhaust pipe clean off the motor on the driver's side. Needless to say Lurch and I had a slow drive back to camp that night. Would I do it all again? Hell yes! A scout isn't too terribly large for Clayton, it just requires a little more refinement in your driving than what a jeep would.
    Last edited by Fredo; 11-02-2004 at 06:24 PM.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

jwingfield2k
    Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol
    that truck would be COMPLETLY demolished if he took it up there. Clayton is NOT full-size friendly. He WILL get dents is he actually takes it on a trail - I have yet to see a full-size go on a trail out there without getting dents.
    WHat if you dont have body panels to start with?

Mud King
    i was on a s10 site and saw pics of disney and the pics that were taken were pretty open rock step ups and a lot of like tight deep crevaces and those rocks look way jagged, it was a s10 with fullwidths and 38's with less lift than mine and he seemed to have little body damage other than on the rockers...i dont know
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Mud King; 11-03-2004 at 12:26 AM.

Clayton not= disney. Check Scott's website for photos. Clayton = trees.

here i get you links

http://www.offroadrepublic.com/galle...umName=albun33

http://www.offroadrepublic.com/galle...umName=album98

Hensel went there a few years ago, and his ranger still probably doesn't drive.
    Last edited by eight; 11-03-2004 at 12:37 AM.

Mud King
    well damn i was all confoosed, thanks for clarification

Maybe I should ride rather than wheel...

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

stinger7401
    dont forget about brandons massive rear end, i think that was due to a severe brake falure going up a 50* incline and an incident with a 100' tall pine, from what i remember....hahaha

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinger7401
    dont forget about brandons massive rear end, i think that was due to a severe brake falure going up a 50* incline and an incident with a 100' tall pine, from what i remember....hahaha
    you aren't talking about the famous Hensel Tree Chopping Ranger incident are you?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)