Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: End-O-Year Clayton Trip Dec 16~19

AgDieseler
    Hey, I went there, and came back with only a shredded tire to add to the damage list. However, I didn't wheel hard at all.

With enough patience, a damn good spotter, and a very good driver I believe that you can wheel pretty hard and come out with only some of natures pinstriping. Broken parts is another thing though. That just happens, so be prepared.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I even managed a dent in the old Yota...
    http://www.offroadrepublic.com/galle...albun44&id=aaa

Also - there's a reason Busa built a flatbed - too many dents on the old one...
    His Toy, Matt Mareks Toy, Jason Mareks Toy, Brandons Scout (it used to be straight) Pretty much everyone I know has come out with a few dents.

Only the first dent hurts - it's best to get it out of the way on an early wheeling trip so you can have fun the next time you take it out
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

stinger7401
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    you aren't talking about the famous Hensel Tree Chopping Ranger incident are you?
    Brandon was the founder of that infamous past time

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    yes, but Hensel's damage was much more impressive than Brandon's.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

stinger7401
    tru

I hate to break it to you, but I think Doug Kiesewetter and Brian Ritchey may have been the first wheelers turned lumberjacks in this club...

only dent i got running snake pit and power line in the middle of the night with a broken hub due to and incomp. jackass, overactive procraption and no gas was when lissa drove into the back oh me while trying to give my shatty starter at the time a jump in the pitch black while a 1/2 a mile behind the rest of the group... it was my first dent.... but im not bitter about it

Shaggy
    my first dent was on my roof... it came along with a fender and well the whole passanger side... but is ok... i made the other side match the next day with some trees... it wasnt in clayton though so i guess dents have snaked this thread
    clayton kicks ass though... i cant wait to go back

Does anyone think my TJ with 31's could hold up at clayton with the nerf bars gone and rocker protection?
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

what happened to doug anyhow, where'd he run off to?

Matt Conlee
    Good times at Clayton. This trip has come to be one of the best of the year and is always a must for me I encourage any new members to do whatever you can to make it to this trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

wouldn't "brake failure" imply that they worked in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

BigRedFord04
    Foley said i can borrow his trailer that weekend, so if Flem can get project dreidel working i'll be towing him up there...if not, i'll have a trailer spot available for someone...you just have to make it to Dallas. no fullsizes need apply.

Hmmm...the Range Rover may become a trailer queen...and it's paid for 10X over. The last time I was at Clayton was when the old stuff was still open, Powerline, Three-stage, and Busline are the ones I remember. And yes I recieved body damage that resulted in me cutting off the lower quarters and also did a little lumber jacking on lower Powerline. How much gas would a 454 consume on the way up there? May be cheaper than running a diesel!

BigRedFord04
    i heard today on the radio that gas prices are on the way down...or at least have fallen some since the election...in other good news (for me at least), i'm only 3 hrs away from Clayton...only cost me a tank each way...a lot cheaper for fuel than i'd planned...more money for Whoop!