Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Tacoma Buildup Thread

TRDyota

The Tacoma Buildup Thread

Okay, seeing as how my truck is more than a Chevy Spring Swap, its time I put all my buildup stuff into one thread. You can read all about my chevy spring swap here... http://tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3500

That being said, I have a few opinion questions for rims. I am going to run two sets of tires/rims...a set for the trails and a set for the street. So, I am looking at the absolute cheapest rims I can find, that still look decent.

Check out these rims, and tell me what you think are better. Options are the white wagon wheels at 30 bux a pop, or the black steelies at 40 bux a pop. Chrome is out of the question.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/find...&rc=TSAINT&rw=

or

http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/find...&rc=TSAINT&rw=
    Last edited by TRDyota; 10-22-2004 at 03:25 PM.

BigRedFord04
    i'd go for black. but you could always get white and spraypaint them black, save some $$. look around on a few diff boards, you should be able to find some used for cheap. its 6 lug right?

I got the "chrome" mag wheels that I had on my jeep from Discount for $35, I think. They were listed at 50 somethin but the guy came down real quick cause they dont sell that many. Ive liked the way theyve held up, no rust, still straight, and really easy to keep clean.

TRDyota
    Yeah, the wheels need to be 6 on 5.5. Let me know if you see anything on other boards. If you find me some good rims, you may be entitled to a finder's fee...seriously.

EDIT: I am at work right now and this keyboard sucks. You really have to pound at the "g" and "h" to get them to type. Its really annoying.

check the for sale ads...I'm pretty sure 2 or 3 guys here said they had chev/yota 6lug steelies to get rid of
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Violentv8toy
    SAS...nuff said.

I second that notion.

BigRedFord04
    Quote Originally Posted by Violentv8toy
    SAS...nuff said.
    didnt i already say that? i dont remember. anyway...SAS should be near the top of the list if its not already....bet you can start and finish before nutz wheels.

We shall see.

Unfortunately I didn't get the tranny-tcase sleeve this week so I won't be able to put the tranny back on until next weekend. I'm going to measure the distance between the case flange and axle flange here in a few hours at full compression and full extension to see if I need some front DS modification. Other than that I'm golden.

But enough thread hijacking.

TRDyota
    Sliders are on the top of the list right now. I also got .5" spacers comin in the mail for the front. Should be here middle of next week. It'll be pretty freakin close to level after that.

Also on the list is moving the axle forward .75" to center it up.

Violentv8toy
    wheres the SAS on the list of things to do?

TRDyota
    Quote Originally Posted by Violentv8toy
    wheres the SAS on the list of things to do?
    If the stros go to the series next year, I will have it DONE by christmas. Otherwise, not gonna do it. Standin my ground. Not gonna mess with my daily driver.

So, spacers and sliders. And tires and another set of rims.

Mud King
    do the SAS and save money messin with cheesy IFS, mine rides ten times better with SAS in front!!

and i'll betcha it dont have bad street manners either does it.

Use the stang for your daily driver.