Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MIG Work

MIG Work

Hey, does anyone have a MIG welder around here. My driver door latch is jacked. The metal around the bolt holes in the door frame is cracking and it won't be long before the latch breaks off. I'm working on a patch I made out of body sheet metal and I need to weld it or get it welded over the existing metal before it fails completely. I'm nearly done with the patch and need to get it on there before the latch breaks and I'm stuck with a door that won't shut. Anyone? I'll make it worth your while. Beer?

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

guess you didn't get my PM? When you want to do it? I'd rather have a couple bucks rather than beer at this point, since I don't have a substantial income
    1988 Blazer...RIP

ishbo03
    haha i learned how to MIG weld last week in class. dont have a welder though sorry.

Mud King
    what class you learn to weld in??

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    guess you didn't get my PM? When you want to do it? I'd rather have a couple bucks rather than beer at this point, since I don't have a substantial income
    I didn't. Sorry about that. As soon as possible. If the rest of the metal cracks I'll be up sh*t's creek without a paddle. I got a history test thursday. I can finish the patch tomorrow after my chem lab. Can you do it around 4 tomorrow?

1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

i get off of work at 5, so i'll be home around 530, will that work?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Yea, sounds good.

1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

holy **** you're quick

you know where i live? I'm guessing you didn't get ass raped in jail after I left on saturday night
    1988 Blazer...RIP

You were there? ****, I must have been more roasted than I thought. No, i don't know. Give me some general directions or an address for mapquest.

1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

All i did was make fun of you for an hour or so... I wouldn't let you pass out.

Anyways, if you're coming from campus on texas take a right on 2818. Then take a left on welsh, exxon on your left and consolidated on your right. Then take a right on San Mario. There are a lot of San's such as san pedro and san benito, so make sure you get the right one. After taking a right on san mario, we're the second set of duplexs on the left, bright blue, and we're the right side... 638 san mario
    1988 Blazer...RIP

ishbo03
    i learned to stick, MIG, and TIG in ENTC 181. they also teach you some other machining processes like using a mill, lathe, etc

Alright, sounds good.

1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

Quote Originally Posted by ishbo03
    i learned to stick, MIG, and TIG in ENTC 181. they also teach you some other machining processes like using a mill, lathe, etc
    man that must be some kind of crash course...
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Ben97XJ
    Basically you learn to not do what the Ta's do because they are retarted foreign people. And they weld about as good as they speak English. But they do you let you play with cool machine's. Its a pretty interesting class.

Yep, you get 1 hour of minimal instruction from TAs that don't know what they're doing.