Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What to bring on trail?

jwingfield2k

What to bring on trail?

Hey guys, what would you all suggest bringing on the trail for the clayton trip?

extra axle shafts? spare tire (with a jack this time), fluids and gas and oil, tools, hose clamps?

What else do you all suggest?

Wanna get ready for this thing.

fbronco86
    lots and lots of vasoline

BigRedFord04
    from the homepage:

"In addition to tons of fun, what do I need to plan for on an outing?

On trips we recommend bringing, or arranging to borrow: sun block, sun glasses, a cooler/ice chest w/ ice (usually the driver's have one), lots to drink (include some drinking water), some snacks & grub, and a camera w/ lots of film. Maybe some spending money for food afterward and gas, just in case. Not all of these of are required, but they are recommended. It actually makes for pretty cheap entertainment.

If I'm a driver, what should I have for my vehicle?

Most of these are recommended things, not required, but are good things to have. First of all you want to make sure that wherever you go, have at least one other vehicle close. Going off-roading alone is not recommended. Tow locations on the front and rear of your vehicle (hooks are great), tow strap (at least 2" x 20' leave the ones with hooks on the ends at home), a CB w/ antenna (these range in prices and quality and although they don't get the same range, handheld CBs can do for most of our uses), and a fire extinguisher is good (I've never seen a fire, but better safe than sorry)."

yes, i would also recommend any spare parts that you have that you think you might need...and all the req'd tools to fix your broke ass piece of sh!t.
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 11-07-2004 at 11:44 AM.

True Hollywood Stry
    also this will be a little difficult for you since you havent had it or driven it that much but any other random parts that you know your truck seems to break alot like mine likes to eat starter solenoids for breakfast it seems, or if you truck seems to screw over alternator or somethingtake a spare with you, also you will need to get some ratchet straps to tie everything in your rig down, cause during a roll or something of the sort any loose tools and items become flying projectiles(Thats Right im MR. SAfety). thats all i can think of now.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

stinger7401
    heres a list I made back in the day, should be pretty extensive

jwingfield2k
    bigredford thanks for that much needed info. although I didnt want to know what camping gear to bring, thanks anyways though...

i was really looking for what type of tech stuff...

hi lift, axle shafts... that sort of stuff. lets just break and see i guess.

BigRedFord04
    my name's Austin....

...and...if you think you can break it....bring extra. as far as tools go, some really good advice i heard once, "Only work on your vehicle in the driveway with the tools that you carry on the trail." that way you're not stuck trying to borrow it from someone else.

just use common sense, and fill up the available storage space with stuff that MIGHT come in handy. if it looks useful, bring it...you might not need it but someone else might. you can make a killing selling spare parts to people who come unprepared.

Violentv8toy
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFord04
    "Only work on your vehicle in the driveway with the tools that you carry on the trail." that way you're not stuck trying to borrow it from someone else.
    like me....1/2 the time i don't even have a fawkin lugwrench.

And always pack the day before u go wheelin...cause sure enough you'll forget something when you're throwin stuff in your truck hungover and all you're wanting to do is get in your truck and **** the seat back.

Bring birfields. Oh wait, your not cool enough for those.
    Look for people with a setup like yours and see what their weak link is. Also find someone that has a rig with the same gear as you so you can see what the other is bringing. One bring his spare shafts and one bring the tools. If one of you breaks a shaft then trade back at camp. That way your not loading your rig down with 400lbs of spares that everyone else has. You don't need 10 d44 shafts on a run (hope not atleast). The more you weigh your rig down the better chance you have of breaking. Though it is better to have to much then to not have something you need.
    Oh, and I'm bringing a spare birfield
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

BigRedFord04
    he's got the F250 to keep sh!t piled in.

oh....and be sure to bring a pillow. i always forget my god damn pillow.

I'll bring 4 spare birfields, 2 spare inners and one spare outer for my Toyota POS.

I say:

Strap
    Bottle Jack
    Hi Lift (is nice)
    4 Way
    All the hand tools you need
    Paper towels
    Crappy blanket to work on

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    I'll bring 4 spare birfields, 2 spare inners and one spare outer for my Toyota POS.

I say:

Strap
    Bottle Jack
    Hi Lift (is nice)
    4 Way
    All the hand tools you need
    Paper towels
    Crappy blanket to work on
    This is the list of stuff you would bring IF you were ever to make it to the trail right Chadnuts?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

heheh yeah

Matt Conlee
    For the clayton trip you are going to want to bring all the little odd and ends that could be of use. There is a Napa in town but i wouldnt count on them.

Also bring spare underwear and a crowbar to pry the seat out of your ass
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's