Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SAS Pics

Originally posted by redcagepatrol
    good job Austin! I am glad to see that someone in the club has some balls.

Just cut the crap off people! Follow Austin's lead, it's not that bad, I think I have done at least 4 swaps already.

That's the easy part. It's putting it together that's a bitch. Case in point, it only took me ONE weekend to tear my Cruiser apart (down to the frame). I'd hate to think how many to get it back together.

Let's see the finished product Austin.

~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

BigRedFord04
    Originally posted by davido
    Let's see the finished product Austin.
    ~dso
    Mutherfocker! I still need to mess w/ the steering some, probably going to have a custom link fabbed so that i can turn left fully again. tried just moving the pitman arm but not only is it grooved so that it cant be adjusted...i broke two pullers in the process of finding that out. i'm afraid of testing it too much before then b.c. i know somethings wrong already that could possibly fvck something else up. i guess, in response to the quote..."i'm doin' what i can, gotta finish a role of film or borrow a digital camera in the DFW area".

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Originally posted by BigRedFord04

tried just moving the pitman arm but not only is it grooved so that it cant be adjusted...i broke two pullers in the process of finding that out
    Do it the redreck way and grind the fat spline off of the shaft. Should work fine and then you will have infinate adjustment like a Toyota or other real trucks.

As for the "SAS credit card" if you have an axle with bearings, two leaf springs, $50 worth of steel, and a welder, you can have a solid axle on your truck. You just have to do some fabrication and do a little thinking.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

BigRedFord04
    Do it the redreck way and grind the fat spline off of the shaft. Should work fine and then you will have infinate adjustment like a Toyota or other real trucks.
    Thats what I was going to do until I realized that there are 3 places on the shaft itself that are slotted. The fatter splines are actually on the pitman arm.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    that sucks
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

bigFAWKINranger

As for the "SAS credit card" if you have an axle with bearings, two leaf springs, $50 worth of steel, and a welder, you can have a solid axle on your truck. You just have to do some fabrication and do a little thinking.
    i have the axle and the springs man.... but i didn't have a welder... i also need a new steering box and draglink... other than that, as you said- not that tough to do.
    i had planned on bigger rubber and lower gears too... but since that can wait, then $$ isn't a problem now... so i should have it done within a month... HACKING ALL THAT $hit off is gonna make me NUT... can't hardly wait.

HINT HINT... anybody have an old saginaw steering box? off a ttb ranger or off a jeep maybe?

BigRedFord04
    placing the axle

BigRedFord04
    radius arms mounted

BigRedFord04
    radius arm mount

BigRedFord04
    trac-bar mount

BigRedFord04
    front brake lines

BigRedFord04
    african american steering, notice the rotors are turned left while the pitman arm is straight...`95 factory rod from the pitman arm to cross bar, `78 factory rod between knuckles

BigRedFord04
    and the finished product.... ....along side dan and his 38.5"s

BigRedFord04
    last sat. nite doin' some ramp testing...

BigRedFord04
    and the REAL testing begins here
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 08-17-2002 at 02:49 AM.