Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28

Thread: The Murphy Belle

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    I agree with Karl. Rockwell time! Ive already got a line on a couple of front axles. 4 wheel steer FTW!

On a serious note, I think I am just going to buy chromos, and bump down to some 12.5s. I cant even come close to affording RCVs any time soon, and would probably do a 60 swap before I did that. I was just wondering what anyone thought of the two I posted. Should I just buy a kit like that? or should I buy the shafts individually and buy jackoff u-joints from somewhere? And where should I buy those?
    Bump down to some 35x12.5 BFG MT's and get chromo shafts.

Here's a clearance deal on USA Gear, used to be Alloy USA, shafts that I almost bought myself.

Go to rockauto.com and do a part number search for ZAW24126 . It will bring it up. Only 1 remaining, so hurry up.

You'd still need to get some ujoints and then you'll be B squad leader again.
    Last edited by Fredo; 05-10-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Listen to Fred, he is wise
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

That's not a bad deal fred. Take the money that you save on what fred sent you and invest in some good ujoints. Itll still be close to 600 when you are said and done. But youll be set for a while.

Fyi. You might want yo check whith complete offroad. I got some 'blemish' yukon superjoint ujoints from them for $220 a pair. They mght have some left.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Thanks Fred! ill get on that as soon as I get my next paycheck. And I am also going to need to replace my front balljoints.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Buy moog and forget about it. Lifetime warranty........nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

ill be your pickup man
    Haha. Yes, get smaller tires and buy chromos, like Fred said.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I just broke a moog u joint. I dont know how to get it replaced when there is literally nothing left of it
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Does it still use the scout Dana 30 style bolt on hubs and dinky stubs? Sure by now somebody's figured out how to swap on ford outers.

Pack spares regardless of what brand you get.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

lowballing someone
    i know ford d44 chevy d44 and fsj d44 can all be swapped with d30 stuff and vice versa.... so if you want to upgrade to a stronger outer go with all ford d44, small bearing chevy/fsj d44 knuckles and spindles and then ford hubs and rotors..... and get good u joints
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I've got fsj 44 outer stuff.....hubs, backing plates, 1 knuckle, 1 spindle, calipers.....6 lug
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

I've got two outer chevy stubs if you need them.
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

I could have sworn that I had updated this thread, guess not.

Over the last couple of years, I have done a few minor upgrades to the scout, mainly buying and installing the chromolly shafts that Fred posted, and then this past winter, Fred and I went over this thing for a couple of weeks, cannot remember all we did, but it is back in driving condition. Biggest additions were the chromos, CTM u-joints, and 35-14.50 bias ply pitbull rockers.

I moved to Dallas in October of last year, so I am storing this thing at my parents in Paris, which limits my wrenching and driving time. I was home a couple of weeks ago, and the Belle fired up on the first turn.

Last spring my Duramax started giving me serious issues, so I sold her a couple of weeks ago and bought a 2015 1500. Crew cab, 6.5 bed, 4x4. We will see how I handle the transition from diesel towing to half ton towing.

Humble brag?
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller