Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Murphy Belle

if yall need anyhelp ill be in Dallas untill Clayton
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    it's a lot easier when you come to the conclusion that the body is fubar'ed anyway, and that lots of things are "close enough"...

BDR, kickass drawing, I like it. What if I tapered the back down a little as well? That's a whole mess o' tubing, might have to go raid St. John's stash to get it done...

Here's a redraw with the rear sloped down. Only problem I could see is that the rear passenger would have head clearance problems with the other roof bracing, so I redrew it so that the roof bracing crossed, leaving where I think the passenger's head is open. There would be a benefit to this design though....with the rear diagonals (red) lower down they are in about the right spot to provide a place to put a shoulder bar for the rear passenger.

BTW....how far is it from Dallas to Clayton? CDR and I are going to be "kind of" in that area (stephenville) that weekend for her brother's graduation saturday morning, so I thought if it wasn't too many hours maybe we could meet yall out there saturday night.

BDR

think you can make 4 bends on 3 planes? got a straight-on pic from the side? I got an idea
    Making that passenger seat work is gonna need the cage to be full height all the way to behind the pass seat, otherwise you will have to mount the seat too low and the third rider's view will suck
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

BDR, I think I might have a position on our team here at BMF for a beer drinker/sketch artist. Are you interested? The only problem I see with that one is that I wanted to squeeze a spare tire behind the 3rd seat somewhere. I can't make a tire carrier, because it will be as wide as the rear of the truck. If the rear cross bar was 37 or so inches tall I could probably roll one in and secure it like that somehow.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67
    BTW....how far is it from Dallas to Clayton? CDR and I are going to be "kind of" in that area (stephenville) that weekend for her brother's graduation saturday morning, so I thought if it wasn't too many hours maybe we could meet yall out there saturday night.
    still a pretty good ways, I'd figure at least 4ish hours

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...yton&2s=ok&2z=
    Boats and hoes

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    BDR, I think I might have a position on our team here at BMF for a beer drinker/sketch artist. Are you interested? The only problem I see with that one is that I wanted to squeeze a spare tire behind the 3rd seat somewhere. I can't make a tire carrier, because it will be as wide as the rear of the truck. If the rear cross bar was 37 or so inches tall I could probably roll one in and secure it like that somehow.
    I'm in! I'm definately good at beer drinking!

I was thinking about your tire carrying problem (read: not studying). I think it would be pretty cool to mount on top of the cage. If you try to put it in the back you wouldn't have any room for necessities............such as coolers full of ice cold beverages. So I drew something up for mounting it on top of the rear roof x-brace. I realize the problem with mounting a tire on top is lifting it up there without having to have a bunch of people to help. So I think if you mount a little hand crank winch in the bed and run the cable over a pulley on the mount it shouldn't be too hard.

BDR

True Hollywood Stry
    only thing i dont like about top mounted tire, like that is the added top heavy weight. nick said even with that light weight rack he had on top of his jeep, it was much more top heavy, thats why he always took it off.

but that may be something you have to get usedto since i agree with bdr, you must have room for necessities.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Shaggy
    damn bdr i need yo take some pics of my bronco and see if you can draw something up for me... i figured i would do a pretty extensive cage inside that has dash inclusive as andy's scout but i also am doing a full tube dovetail front end... the back is staying wide but not the front...taking the opposite approach than jimmy

I can't do any better but that cage you drew is lacking in lateral support. What keeps it from "falling over" (solved by behind-the-seats bars in most cages, obviously not an option here)?
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

You talking about side to side? There should be an x-brace behind the front seats with a shoulder bar, I just didn't draw them cause it would clutter up the drawing more. They need to be there.....but it's also going to cause problems for the rear passenger to get in. That's where the first drawing would be better, cause there is more room under the main rear bars and the passenger could just climb up on the rear tire and squeeze in between the main bar and the diagonal.
    BDR

yeah I was. I just looked back at your first sketches and I like those a lot better, but it's gonna be tough to get a back seat to work and get enough cross-bracing in there. Maybe if the A-pillar is tipped back and brace the corners almost all the way to the middle, and crossbrace the crap out of right behind the pass seat?

como esta, but with the a-pillar angled back to keep those braces off driver and shotgun's heads, and don't forget the all-important inverted V in the windshield
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm not sure I'm picturing what you're saying. You mean 'B' pillar (behind the front seats?) I don't think that would work....even with my first sketch I think it's already squeezing the rear passenger pretty far forward. It wouldn't hurt to have crossbracing behind the rear seat in addition to behind the front seats though.
    BDR

I'm thinking the cross bar for the harnesses on the b-pillar will be the "oh-****" bar for the rocking chair passenger, so it will be close. I really don't care how big of a PITA it is for them to get in there.
    Boats and hoes

Shaggy
    ok so no fat people get the back seat... just a tate size person