Thread: Cold Air Intake

AgDieseler

Cold Air Intake

Finally got it done tonight.

Enormous thanks to Flem and the Brunes, specifically Fred, for tons of help and a warm shop to work in while it snowed over Christmas. I owe you both a dinner and dark beer(s). St. John did the sweet ass TIG welding for the CDR fitting.

Here's the before and after:

Last edited by AgDieseler; 01-05-2005 at 10:34 AM.

nice work! what material did you use to seal against the hood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

jwingfield2k
    i cant tell from looking at it. Is it an AFE? Im thiunking thats what i want, but im not sure.

AgDieseler
    Thanks.

It's the AFE that comes in the Dmax and CTD 600 kits. It's pretty damn big. 22 gauge makes up the walls, and garage door sealer from Lowe's provides the seal against the hood.

The turbo is loud as hell now, as are engine rumbles. EGTs dropped a little, and the seat-o-the-pants dyno noticed a slight change.

jwingfield2k
    did you just buy the element, or was it a kit? if so how much was it? i found one for a little under 300 im thinking about.

AgDieseler
    Yeah, that should be the airbox and filter minus an intake tube. The element is all that I bought, and I found it on the internet for $65 + shipping.

jwingfield2k
    ok cool thanks. I would think I would probably have to use my metal intake tube that is already there, (the one on my turbo)

jwingfield2k
    well i was wasting time tonight on the internet and i ended up getting the afe cold air intake setup.

http://www.shopdiesel.com/index.cfm/...oduct_id/4.htm

and i got two bottles of fuel additive for mi truck too

BigRedFord04
    Quote Originally Posted by jwingfield2k
    well i was wasting time tonight on the internet and i ended up spending too much on the afe cold air intake setup from some specialty diesel site that overcharges.
    EBAY!!!

what do i care? its your $$
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 01-07-2005 at 12:38 AM.

jwingfield2k
    thanks austin, for some reason i just remembered that after i pressed Process Order. But I had to buy two other things from that one site so it barely evened out. I did buy some edger blades on ebay if that makes you happy.