Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Dana 60 Thread

AgDieseler
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    I guess storing this thing under your 'burb is as good as place as any until you get something else.
    p.s. I need to talk to you about 6.5L diesels and shoe horning one into a LR.
    Too true. I look at axles like the government looks at spending money: why have one when you can have two at twice the price? Any trail rig I have will be 60'ed as well.

I'll be in Houston this weekend getting gears in the axle. Just pm me your schedule & number.

Quote Originally Posted by AgDieseler
    Too true. I look at axles like the government looks at spending money: why have one when you can have two at twice the price? Any trail rig I have will be 60'ed as well.

I'll be in Houston this weekend getting gears in the axle. Just pm me your schedule & number.
    hey ****er you no drink at chicken....YOU SUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

AgDieseler
    I'll be here Friday...Chicken ****er!

AgDieseler
    The Detroit, gears, and inner seals are in. I also had my front shaft reworked to have a 1350 front yoke. Friday night I pressed in some axle shaft joints.

The pattern is perfectly centered with .050 under the front pinion bearing and the backlash is set tight at .006.

While at Luis' shop, one of the trucks that stood out was this ridiculously tall Dodge. Those are 46" Iroks on 20" MRT beadlocks. That's Luis fisting one of the holes - kinky.

Last edited by AgDieseler; 02-07-2005 at 02:19 AM.

BigRedFord04
    .060? isnt that way too much?

.006" is more like it. typo possibly?

AgDieseler
    Typo indeed. Post edited.

AgDieseler
    Done...kinda.

The axle is in, and it turns and steers well. The crossover steering was a great addition, and provides tons more control without as much feedback.

Left to do:
    • New longer yet brake lines ~40"

• Cut, thread, and adjust tie rod for appropoiate toe-in

• Adjust drag link to center steering wheel

• Wheel it!

The new Spicer spindle and new Timken bearing required some help to fit together. In addition to filing and polishing the ridge the inner wheel bearing has to fit over, we packed the spindle in dry ice before installing the bearing hub to shrink it. Installation was easy after all that.

You brave the ditch?

AgDieseler
    Brake lines are waaaay too short. Gimme some time.

Why are your brakelines too short?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

AgDieseler
    I have the Skyjacker extended lines, but they just aren't long enough. The banjo bolt on the caliper orients in such a way that the line has to curve down and then back up to the frame. The old 10 bolt allowed the bolt to point upwards, and so a shorter line worked.

I'm going to run by Bryan Ho-s today and see what they can make me.

Hmmmmm. I also have the skyjacker lines for a 6" lift. I switched mine over from the 10 bolt to D60 with no problems. On mine, the D60 caliper makes it so the hoses point backwards but this doesnt interfere with length at all and actually helps keep the line away from the tire. I dont remember what kind of orientation the 10 bolt calipers had.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

i had to do the same and i just went to oreillys and got some to put inline with the skyjackers. austin and i went through just about every brake line they had looking for one to work.

savvyaggie
    Quote Originally Posted by AgDieseler
    I have the Skyjacker extended lines, but they just aren't long enough. The banjo bolt on the caliper orients in such a way that the line has to curve down and then back up to the frame. The old 10 bolt allowed the bolt to point upwards, and so a shorter line worked.

I'm going to run by Bryan Ho-s today and see what they can make me.

ask nicole( the girl at bryan hoes) if she had fun last might with me.... she might get you a deal....

jordan...