Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT: Pink Panther

PROJECT: Pink Panther

I couldn't think of any other good names for this. Post up if you have any. Here is some pics. It's a 1961 Series II Land Rover. The plan is for full widths, hummer wheels, ~38" tires. Drive train isn't decided on for sure. I'd like to put a diesel in it. I have another rover V-8, 5spd, and LR T-case that I could slap in it. we'll see. Sorry for some of the blurry pics. my camera didn't like the light.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

I've got a better name for it:
    Roversniperspyder II
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

you'd catch a lot less **** from the rover crowd with a rover drivetrain, and I'm anti diesel so buick gets my vote

range rover air bags maybe?

aggiemudman
    those harbor freight wheel dollies?

hmm, all i can come up with is "The Gray Ghost"

stinger7401
    no creative name or anything but props on taking the resto on, can't wait to see the progress and oh definately diesel...

BigRedFord04
    man that thing's ugly....but has potential. lose the top, bob the back, hack the fenders, definately full widths....between Kopecki's J33P and Nix's Ranger i love the look on a narrow vehicle....and maybe a 3.8L TT

whats the wheelbase on that thing btw?

I like it. I'd make it a cruiser with a diesel, some full widths and 35s and sell the suburban. The body's a little wider than a jeep?

AgDieseler
    That 6AT you were looking at would make all the power you need, and should be fairly quiet, too.

Someone else posted this name awhile back about something else but I thought it was funny as hell and since you said pink are going with a diesel, "The Stinky Pinky"
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

ooh, a powerstroke, then it could be "THE GRAYSTROKE"

Project Limey

Project Redcoat

I got nothin'

Its ironic that you started this thread cause I just saw one of those on the side of a freeway with a huge engine fire, it was the same body style, and no I dont know any specifics, except that it was indeed on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Pink Panther b/c of the old British Pink Panther SAS vehicles for desert warfare. I figured John (Mr. soon to be SF's) COX would have caught it. Here's some pics of a real Pink Panther. They found out that this color blended with the Sahara sand....plus it looks FABULOUS! what?!...
    Answers to ?'s:
    Yes, those are Harbour Freight Dollies.
    No, to the Power Stroke. No the the bobbing off the back. yes to the hacking the wells and full widths. yes to the soft top w/ a full cage (safari cage).
    Yes to the 6AT.
    109" wheel base. I plan on using the suburban springs I got from brett in the back and the stock rears (- some leaves) in the front.
    I think the width is around 64" from fender edge to fender edge.
    The body is all, and I mean ALL aluminum. The entire roof panels and sides is aluminum. Notice the Safari Roof on the top. That makes it about 15* cooler inside the cab. Air goes between the two. It also has four little vents in the roof. This thing can supposedly seat 12! Small little limey's!
    You have to pull the tranny from inside. Welded in thick crossmembers. which will be remedied later. Fully boxed frame made up of flat plate. Yes, they welded the entire frame w/ four pieces of plate!
    A fender weighs in at a hefty 5 lbs. easy to beat back if it bends.
    Inside are a few newer fenders, another hood w/o spare tire mount. Hard to see over a 38" tire, let alone lift one on the hood.
    Another cool thing about the truck...it has 3 spare tire mounts. one on the rear bulkhead(inside behind rear seats), one on the rear door, one on the hood.
    one more tidbit: The Aussie's supposedly got all pissed off when the series III came out b/c of the new plastic grill. Those that frequented the bush were using the II's wire mesh grill for the barbie.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Graystroke; 01-17-2005 at 03:58 PM.

usmcagg02
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Project Limey
    beat me to it, although my idea had ***** on the end

BigRedFord04
    no bobbing b.c. its aluminiuminumum? or you like the look?

gonna try to keep it approx the same WB?