Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT: Pink Panther

ive never heard of the pink desert rovers. cool though. your juevos arent big enough to paint that thing pink so you better get another name.

That's a sweet rig. Too bad you'll be staying on the easy to medium trail runs for a long time, but sweet none the less. You might be able to get a 9.5" spare, but you also have tons of room in the back. I'm guessing you're going to move the rear axle back so you don't have to cut towards the doors? Can't wait to see it come together. You sticking with white?
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

gonna be an interesting build up. looks pretty cool! good luck!
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by davido
    Too bad you'll be staying on the easy to medium trail runs for a long time, but sweet none the less.
    What a ****y ****er. Man, just because the guy doesn't want to totally hack the **** out of it doesn't mean he's not going to put it through some ****. By the way, how's that carb treating ya?
    Last edited by Fredo; 01-18-2005 at 02:56 AM.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Uh, yeah it does. ... at least it would for me. It's a sweet vintage rig and that's a lot of aluminum and glass to be flopping on it's side. I dig the rig, but I wish he was building more of a beater that he would be willing to hit trails where flops and body damage is likely. Similar to what Jimmy decided on. If you're asking me, the carb has done surprisingly well. I still want to do TBI though. The only stall I had was coming down the big middle slide on 3 stage. It did a wheel stand and scared he hell out of me when I didn't have any power. I pushed in the clutch, crashed to the ground and saved it. But it was hairy for a split second. Hairier than it needed to be.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

i say polish the pig and screw painting it. Cheap way to polish it would be to blast it with glass bead. PIM-TASTIC!

body parts are cheap
    LR5R Front outer wing skin RH 33.25 that's in sterling. so figure about $50 bones for a new fender. It will be beat on and I have have some ideas to protect the body similar to this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    body parts are cheap
    LR5R Front outer wing skin RH 33.25 that's in sterling. so figure about $50 bones for a new fender. It will be beat on and I have have some ideas to protect the body similar to this:

Who needs to goto the trail to have it beat on, just let jimmy throw some rocks at it
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

this the drivetrain I could throw in the 109. I have a 4.2 complete. Can choose from a ZF auto or a R380 5spd, the other pic is of the LT230 t-case and the shifter. I need to figure out a way to Cheap Bastard the diff lock. This came out of a 99 DII...they didn't have a selectable diff lock, all the t-cases were fitted w/ them. just no way to shift from inside. If I can find a shifter off an old RR or DI for cheap I'll go that route.
    On the V-8 I would convert it to some kind of chevy FI. The only advantage of this engine is decent power, it's free, and it weighs around 300 lbs dressed (aluminum block/heads). I would rather put an oil burner in it.

If I go the oil burner route...I have an intercooler from an International truck that was running a DT466...This may be the only good thing on a DT466. quit drooling David Oliver!

AgDieseler
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    If I go the oil burner route...I have an intercooler from an International truck that was running a DT466...This may be the only good thing on a DT466. quit drooling David Oliver!
    *Slurp* If you don't end up using that thing, I think I could find a loving home for it - for the right price of course.

I also have a line on a 6.5L for you.

Does the diff lock thing twist or pull out to engage? If it twists, wouldnt it be fairly easy to make a little arm for it and use a cable shifter? All aluminum huh...sweet.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

heres a crazy idea...

I've heard that the jeep 225's use the same bell pattern as the buick 215 and that looks like a 10 spline output shaft. Do you know the diameter?

sm420's bolt to buick 225 bellhousings and have a 10 spline output shaft.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
    Last edited by robertf03; 02-02-2005 at 06:56 PM.

are you saying put in a 225 in the rover or put a buick 215 in a jeep. The buick motors may have a different pattern than the rover motors.

215 and sm420 in the rover click the link