Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: So it begins...

You might loose that seam, but you'll gain alot more strenght than stock. It stiffened my body up quite a bit and it got rid of some of the popping noises... You can see what I'm talking about in this pic.

1988 Blazer...RIP

I plan on replacing my rusted ass rockers with something like what dougie did, probably tie in the cage and seats to it somehow, not sure about all that yet.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Tore it down, painted the frame, started assembly on the motor and got the drivetrain in, hopefully for the last time. I'm trying to get my timing cover and accessory brackets bead blasted, so hopefully I'll get that taken care of this week and get the motor completely assembled. Shocks and steering are en route, so I'll be keeping an eye out for the UPS man.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

That valve cover says Ford right?

I thought you were going to run portals??

Yes, the valve cover says Ford. The 'Mog 404s I have are for another project

thats a mean looking engine, what cam did you go with?

Did you do a side mount on that 205? that looks like it could be a lot of weight bouncing around hanging off of al-yoo-mini-ummm

They jump me for having a carb and you have two....wtf
    What motor is that? Looks good.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

BigRedFord04
    that would be a Fo-Sizzty....fo shizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    Dont need no gas, it's Propane!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    What motor is that? Looks good.

[Hank Hill]you dont get jumped if you use propane and propane accesories.[/Hank Hill]

Thanks for the compliments. Yup, it's propane. I wasn't happy with the way the 454 in the in-law's K5 performed with one Impco 425 mixer, so I figured I'd just toss 2 on my big block. 850 cfm of 107 octane goodness

The motor is a 460, .040 over and balanced, 10.5:1 compression. Cam is an Elgin Pro Stock, .484/.484 so nothing too radical. It was recommended to me by the guy I bought my propane accessories from

what are you doing for igntion? I had an idea that would use regular throttlebody injection (or 2 tbi's in your case) with a prom selector from moates.net so you can run multiple chips at the push of a button. have that same button kill the power to the pump and injectors and go to a timing table better suited to propane and have dual fuel capabilites. You'd have super accurate timing, all the goodness of HEI, and then propane wouldn't be so gay

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    what are you doing for igntion? I had an idea that would use regular throttlebody injection (or 2 tbi's in your case) with a prom selector from moates.net so you can run multiple chips at the push of a button. have that same button kill the power to the pump and injectors and go to a timing table better suited to propane and have dual fuel capabilites. You'd have super accurate timing, all the goodness of HEI, and then propane wouldn't be so gay
    wutchu talkin bout dangol puttin puters nder jus set datol timin jus raht for wide open she'll cough alil at idle but not whar it matters baby dangol pedal to the medal soo-wee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    I am Jack's confusion. Is your idea only applicable in a dual fuel system? Forgive my ignorance in this area, perhaps I need the elementary school version.

I need a system that delivers a hot, consistent spark but dosen't cost an arm & a leg. I'm looking at HEI distributors and am pretty sure I'm going to go that route, but I'm still undecided on whether to go electronic ignition (MSD 6AL) or not. What say you?

Sorry, spewing out random thoughts. I've been considering a setup like that on my CJ incase the fuel level ever gets lower than the pickup. then a small coleman bottle could get me to flat land. If you really wanted to do that, you could just use a tbi computer to control the timing and not do dual fuel You'll have to somehow add a tps to the throttle.

Rev limiter would be a nice feature if you do the 6al. I wouldn't spend money on a custom HEI. I did that on the CJ and fitment sucked. I had an equally strong ignition on my ford using factory ignition with an HEI module and some spade connectors. Did the same thing to my dad's rover and the idle is much better than the lucas crap.

http://www.gofastforless.com/ignition/tfi.htm explains how to do that.
    Last edited by robertf03; 11-15-2004 at 05:04 PM.