Thread: Figure this out

Threaded View

BigRedFord04
    what relays would i have to check? the ones in the fuse box under the hood?

the MSD is wired inline w/ the ICM. i bought the extra connector for the MSD to make it plug and play. basically the signal the ICM would normally send straight to the coil goes thru the MSD then out to the coil.

there was a bunch of crap under the distributor cap and the rotor had a crapload of carbon buildup on the end. cleaned the rotor and cleaned out the distributor the best i could. doesnt have the short hesitation at startup it had before but i dont think that was the problem. gonna go get a fuel filter and some injector cleaner and try that next....damn i hate doin' the fuel filter on this thing.

oh, after i installed the CD player there was one white wire that i had no idea where it went to. figured out after it got dark last nite that it was the power to the light in my tach. pulled the CD player back out and connected that wire back into the dimmer circuit for the dash gauges and it works now. until last nite driving around not being able to see the tach i never realized how much i rely on it for everyday driving....i dunno how i got along w/o it before.
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 01-18-2005 at 04:50 PM.