Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Figure this out

not sure where its at, I'll look around tomorrow

My bet is the ICM, I had a bad wells icm on a junkyard distributor and it sucked.

check all the wiring connectors too, I don't think ford figured out the weatherpack concept until the late 90's

as to the crank sensor talk, there is none.

even SEFI mustangs and lightnings don't really have one, there is a smaller tooth on all eec4 distributors that tells it who's #1.

True Hollywood Stry
    i doubt this is it but the whole diying then when you let off and coming back along with starting sometimes and not others, is what mine did when the tps went out, i know that you and me replaced ours at the same time but just a thought for you man. hope you get it fixed
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

BigRedFord04
    that was also a thought. my dad bought me one, and before i could put it on flem gave me one he got in the junkyard so i used it and returned the new one for $40. its been idling kinda high again. but now i have a reciept for a TPS so if its bad again i'll get one under "warranty"

damn i want this thing to run right again. its been messed up and i've been chasing problem after problem ever since a trip to llano in early `03.

i've got an appointment tomorrow at Sears to have the alignment looked at...thanks to some info i got from david oliver i might've found the reason i'm eating tires on the frontend. hmmmm....wonder if i can talk 'em into scanning the codes for me.....
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 01-19-2005 at 03:03 AM.

well if tps and icm don't fix it maybe its mass air time

you'll replace enough wiring and the computer, so its really just the next step in the process of elimination

BigRedFord04
    no joke. i've been thinkin' about that too as an option to make these problems go away, but i wanna do it right the 1st time which involves spending a bunch of $$.

my dad did finally have to quit claiming me on his taxes which means i'll be getting a fat refund this year....hmmm.....

BigRedFord04
    Flem, did you ever get a chance to look for the code scanner? I get off work tomorrow at 4 i think and wanna swing by your house afterwards to give you some $$ and pick up the YJ springs for Foley. i'll give you a call on your cell when i'm leaving.

JeepsterJayson
    I guess MAP sensor or TPS sensor. I bet you wish you had my POS Ford there for testing parts. It took me a year to get mine running after I put that motor in. Fawk cheap headers.
    My hesitation went away when I fixed my timing issue. I bet that’s not your current problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFord04
    Flem, did you ever get a chance to look for the code scanner? I get off work tomorrow at 4 i think and wanna swing by your house afterwards to give you some $$ and pick up the YJ springs for Foley. i'll give you a call on your cell when i'm leaving.
    I might have left it over at Fred's, I can't find it anywhere around here.

I should be around, call the cell to make sure.

BigRedFord04
    scanned the codes....TPS and O2 sensor....again. ghey. i'll try to get ho'reilly's to warranty the junkyard TPS flem gave me. anyone know specifically how to hotwire the O2 sensor to make it always think its running perfect? its 4 wires, 2 white, one black and one grey.

BigRedFord04
    .....ahhhhh......AND ICM....#212 "Ignition module circuit failure/SPOUT circuit grounded"

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFord04
    anyone know specifically how to hotwire the O2 sensor to make it always think its running perfect? its 4 wires, 2 white, one black and one grey.
    check out mark's treatise on o2 sensors in my thread from a month or so ago.
    I don't think it's that easy though; a few companies make o2 sensor simulators that do this. Maybe just the right resistor would do it though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

BigRedFord04
    yeah.....i did some lookin' around the web on O2 sensor simulators and it doesnt really sound like a good idea....just gonna have to replace it next time i get paid.

o2 sims are just for after cat sensors when you have four and want to ditch the cats. i wouldnt run one on the primary sensor. bad things could happen.

You can't get all those sensors at a pocket discount from a local junk yard? And get me a 93-95 GM TPS sensor connector while you're at it.

BigRedFord04
    i got a brand new TPS today under "warranty" from ho'reilly's and at the expense of a couple burn blisters from hot engine, i changed it in their parking lot. it still ran like chit until i got home and cleared the codes. after that it ran like chit too until the computer had time to readjust to the new sensor. now it runs decent but after about 15 mins cruising the check engine light came on again. scanned the codes again....previously it was 122, 172, 173, and 212. 122 is TPS. 172 is O2 (lean). 173 is O2 (rich). 212 is ICM. this time it was just 173 and 212. so, i'll try replacing those two. gonna have to actually pay for an O2 sensor b.c. they only have one year warranty, but i might have a receipt for an ICM when i replaced it on my old Ford.

if that still dont fix it then i'm done fukkin' w/ it and will start accumulating parts for a Mass Air swap sooner than planned.