Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IH Roundup October 18th

IH Roundup October 18th

The IH Roundup, put on by North Texas Binders is the 18th of October in Gilmer. I know there will be IH related events, I think there is even a "show and shine", but there will be plenty of trail runs planned. I am actually signed up as a "trail leader" so watch out It should be fun, and close, the normal allure of Gilmer. The admission is just BMRA admission last I heard, I will post more as I know more.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

I'm there. I have not had Thumper out since our pre-Christmas run to OK. I think i'll install some rock slider I found on my back porch though . never have here from that dork, i guess they are mine.

Just a reminder that I will be going up to Gilmer the weekend of the 18th to hang out with the Scout freaks I will take along the necessary tools to do a little repair work on Airstrip, but as far as I remember it is mostly self sufficient, anything anyone can think of that needed help on airstrip last time you guys were out there? I am planning on heading to Dallas and then gilmer so that I can get the Dragula to sleep in. I think Brandini said he is going to try to leave from College Station Saturday morning early. I will be out at gilmer Friday night for anyone that wants to join up. It should be a really cool weekend, come out and show up the scout freaks...
    Boats and hoes

Yea, I'm going to head up saturday early. Need to get my front disk brakes on though. Think I'll start on that tomorrow since the VW is now running smoooooth.

You should really stick to your normal schedule and start on the brakes sometime around Sunday afternoon.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

you are probably right, but I am getting rained out today, so I guess I will go ahead and start the disasembly. Jimmy and Fred, got any big plans today?

yeah, replace my power steering pump, try to get my rear POS drums to start working again, and time my tired ass old motor, I have a new name for the motor in Scout: Smoko Ono, one annoying old bitch...
    Boats and hoes

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Just bringing this post back up to the top to remind the people who want to go that the trip is this weekend. So.....basically, I'm reminding myself, Jimmy, and Brandon.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

There is a run this weekend?!? oh **** I better start wrenching

Thanks Jimmy, Fred, Eric, Grayson, Kollins, and Mark for helping out so far.

Stuff finnished:

1) front drums now converted to disks, with new 25" long kustom lines:tumbup:

2) Pulled intake and valley pan. re-installed V pan, waiting on gaskets for manifold to go back on.

3) new key cyclenoid gear installed , she starts now!

Stuff left to do:

1) install manifold

2) locate and install new proportioning valve

3) bleed brakes

4) drill holes for set screws in stearing colum

Clayton here I come!! (Gilmer damnit, Gilmer)
    Last edited by Jackasic; 10-17-2002 at 03:12 PM.

Originally posted by Jackasic

Clayton here I come!!
    Have fun in Clayton, if you see any scout guys there, tell them there is a run at Gilmer this weekend, and there will be a bunch of other scout guys there as well... Fred, you forgot that lissa and the Grabber Green Giant, (G^3) will be there, and there is rumor that Shipman might go "if it doesn't rain" Evidently Jeep owners melt in the rain...
    Boats and hoes

Wanna fight?!?!
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

Krawler68
    Since when did mark grow balls? Last time I see him he is threatening bodily harm to anyone who will listen...now he wants to fight...

must be all that education...

BigRedFord04
    ...you shoulda seen him drunk riding piglet in circles a couple weekends ago...we thought he had lost his mind

houston we have a problem...

Got it all back together and ran her down the road tonight. All was fine till I tried out 4 wheel drive. then I noticed the poping sound and a wheel locking up

After crawling under and looking around, nothing on the out side could be seen. That's bad since that only leaves in the diff problems.

Long story short, ALL of the bolts holding the ring gear on have sheared off. Crap, no 4 wheel drive for me. Any one have a front IH axle with 3:73 they want to rent or sell?

I guess i woun't be froding ths weekend, will probably just drive up for the fun.
    Last edited by Jackasic; 10-18-2002 at 08:35 AM.

SWEET!!!

I am back on! A scout guy in Ft. Worth has one that he is going to bring for me on saturday.

150$ and I get to do an axle swap in Glimer!!