Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: project: swap meet cruiser

savvyaggie

Talking project: swap meet cruiser

Got tired of not having anything to wrench on, (with the bronco still at the deer least, and not being able to find a cruiser in the right shape and right price) so here is my next project....

I KNOW I KNOW.... It's , But finally graduating has givin me alot more time on my hands..... so here goes....
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 01-23-2005 at 11:41 PM.

savvyaggie
    Got the fly arse rig from Kopecki, in a throttle body swap... So far I have disassembled it, straightened the forks, and moved the handle bars forward(for ergonomics, not to mention the nice chopper look), and did some sanding. I also got in a twist grip throttle control and clutch assem., and adjusted the brake pedal.

how can you get!!!

I'm glad your putting that A&M edumacation to good use
    I'll dig around to see if I have a land cruiser sticker to put on it, so you won't feel left out.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

savvyaggie
    Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    I'm glad your putting that A&M edumacation to good use
    I'll dig around to see if I have a land cruiser sticker to put on it, so you won't feel left out.

well, I went from working full time and going to school full time, to just working.....Now I just sit around scatching my head wondering what to do for the rest of the day....

it you find one, I will put it on...

Have you considered stretching the frame? I don't know how we used to fit on that thing, but I remember driving it in high school, and I was the same size I am now.

savvyaggie
    Quote Originally Posted by eight
    Have you considered stretching the frame? I don't know how we used to fit on that thing, but I remember driving it in high school, and I was the same size I am now.

Yeah I thought about it, but I think my fat arse would look funnier on it as is... Besides I am sure my lady friend will jack it from me when it's finished anyway. and she is 5'2"..

savvyaggie
    decided not to even mess with the old engine..... So I picked up a brand new 3.5 hp briggs

forks are finished, just need to paint frame, get new clutch in, buy some tires and get the seat made....

and the swap meet cruiser will be finished....

savvyaggie
    do they make TSL's in a 410/350-5?????

Just buy a tire that has a thick tread depth and groove the piss outa them. Hell, make some krawlers
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

that thing's gonna knock you on your ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

savvyaggie
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    that thing's gonna knock you on your ass

so you sayn it needs a wheelie bar or a roll cage?????

Quote Originally Posted by savvyaggie
    do they make TSL's in a 410/350-5?????
    put one of these bad dudes on the back.. they range from 24x9-10 to 27x12.00-12

savvyaggie
    Got the frame finished.......

I am thinking about these tires if they fit my rims..... they are made for snow blowers.... with a little siping they ought to be just right....

savvyaggie
    they look similiar to the precut krawlers....

savvyaggie
    I think this might be the fastest start to finish build up ever!!!!