Thread: ford NP205 rebuild

Shaggy

ford NP205 rebuild

I started the tear down of the np205...does anyone know what size socket it takes to get the front yoak off... it is bigger than 1 1/4" and is in between 32mm and 36mm... i am pretty sure it is standard but not sure... in standard size all sockets bigger than 1 1/4" go to 3/4" drive and they are like 13$ a piece so i dont wanna buy more than one if i dont have to.

i took some pics of my progress thus far... i'll put some up when i get it all the way apart

BigRedFord04
    do what me and adam did when we couldnt figure out what size the nut on the yoke was on the BW 1350 we swapped into his truck....take that heavy bastard up to sears, throw it in a shopping cart and wheel it into the store. they'll look at you funny but wont say anything about it. if you have to go into the store to get a cart, tip the front wheels up when going out of the store to bypass the wheel locks

I've got a 1-1/2" socket in 1/2" drive if you want to try it
    BDR

True Hollywood Stry
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320630

its a 1 5/16 in socket look in this link for some more detail
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Shaggy
    i took it up to sears with me and threw it in a shopping cart... it was indeed a 1 5/16". i got it pretty much torn apart but couldnt figure out how to get the shift forks out... that is all for now... oh and i ordered a rebuild kit for it the other day... hope it makes it here this week

BigRedFord04
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    i took it up to sears with me and threw it in a shopping cart...

Shaggy
    i got the rebuild kit in today
    Attached Images Attached Images  

True Hollywood Stry
    looks like a whole lot of fun that i wouldnt want to have, good luck to you sir!!!
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

BigRedFord04
    its not really all that hard. pretty self explainitory once you get it taken apart, all a rebuild really is is replacing the bearings. tate, you should see if you can get the case dipped at vilas if its really as dirty as you made it sound to be. makes painting a lot easier.

Shaggy
    it isnt bad at all... once it is all apart which it is almost... it shouldnt take long in the parts washer