Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Car Haulers

the other advantage of buing it in OK...no taxes. and when you register it in tx just register it as a homemade trailer.

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    the other advantage of buing it in OK...no taxes. and when you register it in tx just register it as a homemade trailer.
    I think the cost of fuel driving to Ok would out way the cost of the taxes. If u are chadnutz u have wear and tear on the car so that would make the cost even higher.

Shaggy
    i like that you are throwing a slam on chadnutz in here but be careful... if he sees it he may throw in his 2 cents about trailors... and we all know we dont need 50ft trailors and we dont wanna pull 3 rigs

Quote Originally Posted by aggielr
    If possible, I would go with oil bath hubs over greasable ones. I've pulled with both, and the oil bath hubs seem to pull much better and there is far less maintenance.

That probably best explains the huge disparity in prices. I may be mistaken, but I don't think "light duty" oil bath axles are readily available. I think they're typically 10k# and up which are not that practical on a small car hauler.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'