Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spring Break 2005 Trips

BigRedFord04

Spring Break 2005 Trips

not that i'm in school anymore or get a spring break, but for the rest of y'all who do....where do you want to go/plan on going? If i can get off work i'd personally like to go back to Hot Springs. I know a few people in the club have been there but i dont think TAMOR has ever had an official trip there. When i went i didnt get to see much of the trails but what i saw was pretty kickass. they've got nice camping facilities w/ RV hookups and stuff, and the owner told us that he'd have a shower house up and running within a few weeks of when i was there.

my 2nd option would be Clayton. if i had to drive i'd rather go there. i had a blast there and there are a ton of sweet trails. i promise to behave, and to not have incriminating photos of *possibly* underage wimmins if we go again.....on the web anyway

when is spring break btw?

I am in for a weekend, I say you go somewhere far away that southwest flies close to, and I will meet you there in a kickass rental cherokee or 4wd trailblazer, or whatever the rental company will rent me that will wheel "good"
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

due to me having no small amount of uncertainty as to how much time I will have off, I'd be down for nick's suggestion about the beach race.
    Show you v8 fools what a 22re can do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I says we head out to Hot Springs, wheel there for 2-3 days then stop in Clayton on the way back and wheel 2-3 days.

i am busy on the weekends, but i I would really like to got to Hot Spring during the week, or meet you there and wheel, I would also be down for the beach race although my jeep is slow it doesn't overheat so I can run it all out all day
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I'm down for a weekend trip. I currently have the first weekend of spring break off, but can trade it for the second one if given enough of a heads up. Or if we decide to make it during the week, I could go, and just trade my weekend off and combine two weeks worth of days off together, and hope management doesn't try to fire me for it. But we really need to figure this out quickly. I vote for clayton. Has anyone gone up to disney ok? Could Hot springs be done in a long weekend trip (say leave friday and be back by tuesday night?). What is this beach race ugly speaks of?
    Last edited by CRaSHnBuRN; 01-27-2005 at 10:20 AM.

isnt hot springs only open on weekends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

The beach would be fun only in a race type condition. I was telling Eric last night that for those of yall who havent been there, the National Seashore is 63 miles of nothing. Its great if you're into fishing, shelling or birdwatching but other than that its prety boring. A race would be kinda cool though. The only real obsticles are trash, and there's a ****load of it. Last time I went down there I seem to remember there being at least one tree spanning the entire width of the beach (god only knows where it came from) and one of those life-saving vessle things that look like UFO's (probably fell off an oil rig during a hurricane) in addition to countless channel buoys and misc. trash (mostly old freon bottles and driftwood). If we went during spring break though A) traffic would suck B) there would be too many people to have a race C) cops would be everywhere. Technically, the speed limit on the beach is like 30 MPH and people ***** and wave their hands in the air if you pass their camp going like 50 so I'm not so sure about the race.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I'm with Ryan. What happened to the days of real spring break trips with the club actually spent the entire week driving there/wheeling/driving back. I am down for any place that the club has been before. Hot Springs to Clayton to Disney would be cool, but anything out west would be as well.

Scott, are you wheeling this spring break.

For those that are clueless....spring break is always in the teens of March.

Spring break is the 14-18 this year
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

stinger7401
    The beach would be fun only in a race type condition. I was telling Eric last night that for those of yall who havent been there, the National Seashore is 63 miles of nothing. Its great if you're into fishing, shelling or birdwatching but other than that its prety boring. A race would be kinda cool though. The only real obsticles are trash, and there's a ****load of it. Last time I went down there I seem to remember there being at least one tree spanning the entire width of the beach (god only knows where it came from) and one of those life-saving vessle things that look like UFO's (probably fell off an oil rig during a hurricane) in addition to countless channel buoys and misc. trash (mostly old freon bottles and driftwood). If we went during spring break though A) traffic would suck B) there would be too many people to have a race C) cops would be everywhere. Technically, the speed limit on the beach is like 30 MPH and people ***** and wave their hands in the air if you pass their camp going like 50 so I'm not so sure about the race.
    THis was discussed and elaborated on at the meeting. This used to be called the Garner Beach Run. It was an event that the first day or two were spent running down the enitre island while having fun, yes all 63 miles to the land cut. The last day was spent racing back, no stopping or messing around like the first couple. Once you get far enough down the seashore there are very few people.

Quote Originally Posted by nutzonyoface
    I'm with Ryan. What happened to the days of real spring break trips with the club actually spent the entire week driving there/wheeling/driving back. I am down for any place that the club has been before. Hot Springs to Clayton to Disney would be cool, but anything out west would be as well.

Scott, are you wheeling this spring break..
    Over the last couple of years this has slowly died down due to weddings and such. Looks like you just missed it nutz . I know this year Scott is doing mainly comps, Busa is only gonna do Chilli Challenge, Hughes' rig probably won't be ready, Knoeller, Goss, Troy, Conlee and so on, are all working. If you want a large trip, which i think would be great, you need to organize it. Without someone taking the helm and making it happen it will not get done. Just lay it down where you want to go, make reservations and people will follow.

BeachJeepin
    $200 fine for speeding on the beach... $200 fine for playing in the dunes... though there are great redfish spots a couple of miles from the cut....

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    I'm with Ryan. What happened to the days of real spring break trips with the club actually spent the entire week driving there/wheeling/driving back.
    Trips like those are fun, but suck for those of us who have to work, and have limited funds or are pulling with a gas guzzling POS like I drive. I like the idea of a shorter trip, or even a trip where we hit a place to wheel within a day or so drive, and then let the one who want/can continue on do so while the rest of us head back.

the sand thing sounds kinda boring

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    **** that beach....**** the beach race.....**** the rust you will be fighting a year after you go there. It was kind of fun for a little while, then Lurch's tranny melted down. Then we had to sleep on the beach....woke up covered in sand and salt. Was definitely ready to get out of there after one night on the beach.....no way I would do multiple days.

I'd go to Cruces, or Farmington, or Clayton, or maybe Hot Springs, but more than likely, I'll be in the hunt for a motor for Lurch this spring from the sounds it's been making.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)