Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unique Concepts "Bruiser"

BigRedFord04

Unique Concepts "Bruiser"

we got the chassis in today. for the low low price of $6000 you can have one too. its gonna be a 5 seater, two up front, bench in the back. things going in it i know for sure are unimog axles w/ custom hubs to run 8x6.5 rims, 49" IROKs, an AtlasII and a $550 jeep hood w/ a hole facing rearward for heat expulsion. i thought i heard LS1 but havent seen it yet....heard rumors its a $15,000 crate motor. i'll keep y'all updated as it progresses....i nominated myself as official photographer (go figure ) and snapped a few today of the bare chassis. pic 3 you can see the 49"s.

to get an idea of what the completed ones look like cruise www.poisonspydercustoms.com

pics: http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/lonestar/album117

the tall guy on the left is JB Lattimer, the owner and the other guy is Chuck, who will be doing most of the fabrication.

look at the welds and tell us what you think
    Take lots of pics of those axles!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

AgDieseler
    Nice tack welds. Those little dots in the center look like patented PSC porous inclusions. But then again, I may be looking too deep into it.

and they're not even pretty!
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    its that fancy logo that drives up the price not the workmanship guys, come on it all about the bling these days!!!!
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I heard Troy likes their welding
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

BigRedFord04
    yeah....we noticed the welds before we even took it off the truck. not really impressed. i'll get a closeup today. what's the story w/ troy?

Bedwetter made an ass out of himself on pirate b!tching about how crappy psc's work was and how welds were cracked and it was a piece of junk, but never backed it up with any pictures...then the crossmember holding the links on the Jeep ripped off

chevsu
    you would think after the thread on pirate they would learn how to weld.

the guy (clifton?) never budged an inch...he defended his technique against all kinds of people with all kinds of certifications saying that it sucked

for $6k it should be TIGed Cr-Mo

I'm no expert, I have had a class in weld design and testing. Any time you can hang a finger nail on the joint...not good.
    very poor penetration. I gues they have mud dobbers in Colorado as well. It's not like that weld is critical or anything...it only supports the weight of the vehicle and the coil-over...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BigRedFord04
    they got the motor and tranny set in place today for mocking up mounts. i was wrong. non-production GM crate motor. cast block "hecho en mexico", ram jet w/ a 4L80E behind it. also took some closeups of the welds for y'all.

now, i would like to make a polite request that any further comments about the welding be done in another thread not in public view for the sake of not turning this into another Xtreme Off-Road incident. Its not our work, but it is our shop, and my job. i think we're all pretty much of the same opinion.

more pics are up:

i like that engine selection better. no rock crawler should have $15,000 in the engine. its just unecessary. how are they gonna control the tranny?

BigRedFord04
    shift linkage?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFord04
    shift linkage?

is that a "i dont know how they're gonna control the E part of 4L80E", or is that a "i dont know that the E part of 4L80E means electronic" kind of sarcasm?