Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wingfield's K5

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    says the king of regurgitating all things pirate
    Oh, I don't even need it from you
    1988 Blazer...RIP

no, i didnt take offense. sorry if it seemed like that. im not trying to say your wrong either. we just all have different kinds of experience and can input what we believe based on that. thats what this board is for.

jwingfield2k
    Thanks to Tate for coming out this afternoon and helping me take off the spring hangers.
    I've gotta get the bolts out of the leaf springs because the bushing are so screwed theyre stuck in there. Anyone wanna help me with some muscle to get the front part of the rear springs off the front hangers?

Quote Originally Posted by jwingfield2k
    Thanks to Tate for coming out this afternoon and helping me take off the spring hangers.
    I've gotta get the bolts out of the leaf springs because the bushing are so screwed theyre stuck in there. Anyone wanna help me with some muscle to get the front part of the rear springs off the front hangers?
    Burn 'em out, thats what we had to do with krebs's
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Eewwww it smells stinky when you do that. Makes a mess too. But since you dont have a ****load of old drill bits laying around I think that's your only option.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

jwingfield2k
    I have a ****load of old drill bits... and i got a soldering propane torch . Just go at it with those two things?

yep...good luck and have fun
    don't breathe too deep
    Last edited by uglyota; 02-14-2005 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I'm dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    spray with wd-40 then light on fire, then leave it burning and come buy every once and a while and give her another spray to keep the fire burning, worked well on will's springs.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

are the bushings in a metal insert that's pressed in to the eye? If so, then cut off the bolts flush, spray it all down with pb blaster and beat on the insert with a cold chisel (or air hammer if you've got it). Advance may have a bushing press that works with them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Shaggy
    yesterday was my first time to see his blazer and all i gotta say is that he got what he paid for... and i think he paid 500$ for it... wow

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    yesterday was my first time to see his blazer and all i gotta say is that he got what he paid for... and i think he paid 500$ for it... wow
    I agree. It really has to bee seen to appreciate its ****tiness. I forgot my camera so I couldnt take any criminalizing pics but the skeery **** is as follows:

Square tube spacer on one of the shackle bolts to compensate for a 3" too long bolt.
    Stock steering with 4" of lift.
    Obvious body refinements.
    Radiator support.
    Stock length shocks with 4" lift.
    I'm sure there's alot more that I didnt notice but that is all for now.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

jwingfield2k
    dont care about the body, obviously. radiator support will be redone when a cage goes on. gotta love that square tube by my front shackle though, its classic.

i dont need no stinkin shocks.

Violentv8toy
    gonna inboard the rear springs?

If you ever need some 1/2 decent welding done (steering links/shackle hangers)....let me know im usually free all week after 2pm3pm. I've got decent knowledge of that model chevy....and also....what size wheelbase u got to work with? What rear springs are you using? I'd be happy to help. Do you have a welder? torch? chopsaw?

jwingfield2k
    No welder, no torch, no chopsaw. I'm using the stock springs, but doing something similar to a shackle flip to gain my lift in the rear. The front has 4" tuff country or rough country springs. something like that. got a pipe bender?

jwingfield2k
    Ok, so I have 4 mid terms this week and two major project. Last week I had two tests as well, and the week before that I had 1. I've had no time at all to get anything done on my blazer.
    After spring break I have 3 straight weeks without tests, so I feel like this will be a good time to make some major progress on The Wingnut.
    Things to do. new rear spring perches and hangers, new bushings in rear leafs. put on d60 and 14b and new tires and wheels. While I'm at it, I might as well redo the steering. and for now, I'm just gonna use a tow bar.

Anyone have an abundance of time in those weeks to give me a hand to finish this pile of junk?