Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Huntin' Jeep

Huntin' Jeep

Got me a jeep cause the price was right. 74 CJ-5 Renegade. It came with a factory V8 (I think its a 304 right?), Warn M8274 and more brown recluses than you can shake a stick at. So what kind of axles, tranny and t-case does it have? I got the whole shebang for $500. Here' a bunch of pics. I took some pics of the front axle to help in identification. From what I can see, it has external hubs and open knuckles. I couldnt get any pics of the rear axle because it has 4 flat tires and is very short to begin with. It should have a dana 35 rear and dana 30 front right? Anyway here's the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

More pics
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

damn man, thats a good find. Looks like the body is in good shape and it comes with a bad ass winch!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

It has a D30 front, but D35s didn't go under Jeeps until the YJs came out.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Front Dana 30, Rear is an early low spline 44, tranny is either a t14 or t15 if it's a 3spd and it's a Dana 20 tcase......why the **** do I know this?!?!
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    It has a D30 front, but D35s didn't go under Jeeps until the YJs came out.
    Hey Brett, I'm going to be a dick and correct you over some small detail

1984, xj

should have a t15, dana 20, 304, 30 front, 44 rear.

it'll be 30 spline rear, centered 44's were always 30 spline on CJ's

sweet, nice find, i like the renegade stripe... now just but the axles in your burban under the jeep and youll be good to go.

ill give you $30 for those amc v8 tags... ive been looking for those things for awhile

Coop, look at about the 10th line from the bottom. this guy has some NOS ones for sale.
    http://www.amx-perience.com/california_classic_amc.htm

look under: latest unusual arrivals
    for: NOS set early Jeep "360 V/8" emblems. Left and right.

sweet ass.. i already have 2 fuel injection emblems off a caddy... thanks grayson

unsnaking thread now: cool jeep getrdun

Moose
    very impressive. does it run? does drivetrain spin smoothly? drivetrain/steering/suspension only show to have surface rust. great find. what location did you find this one? history on the jeep?

True Hollywood Stry
    owww a drum brake front how fun!!!
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

stinger7401
    please if i can give you a word of advice, keep it stock!!! Mine is a 74 and the frames back then don't hold up to anything because they are c-channel. If it was mine, spend about a grand gettin it in perfect order, all stock, the tub looks great, no or little rust and then sell it for 8-10 grand to some collector and buy yourself a better rig for starting out with. I have been down the road your at but mine was in terrible shape so it didnt matter. Yours is sooo close to stock that you could end up making a sweet investment out of it..

It does not run. It barely rolls. It skidded most of the way onto the trailer but I think it got freed up during the loading process. Yah everything only has surface rust and the body's in great shape. I got it from my girlfriend's uncle in Victoria. It used to be his DD when he was in college (here) and was a ranch truck up until about 10 years ago. Been sitting in the garage of their ranch house ever since. I got a good deal A) Because the uncle is a lawyer and didnt need the money B) because they know I am a good home for it and C) they needed the garage space to park their new polaris 6x6 ***.

Quote Originally Posted by stinger7401
    please if i can give you a word of advice, keep it stock!!! Mine is a 74 and the frames back then don't hold up to anything because they are c-channel. If it was mine, spend about a grand gettin it in perfect order, all stock, the tub looks great, no or little rust and then sell it for 8-10 grand to some collector and buy yourself a better rig for starting out with. I have been down the road your at but mine was in terrible shape so it didnt matter. Yours is sooo close to stock that you could end up making a sweet investment out of it..

I second this.