Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Huntin' Jeep

I say go beat on it, spend time restoring something pretty like a 59 caddy, or a 69 camaro. Restoring 4x4's is a waste of time imo.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

i like the refurbish and sell idea too. if you need any parts for those front brakes i might have what you need. fred, are the parts the same, old scout drum stuff and this?

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    don't know.....never owned a scout with drums in front.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stinger7401
    please if i can give you a word of advice, keep it stock!!! Mine is a 74 and the frames back then don't hold up to anything because they are c-channel. If it was mine, spend about a grand gettin it in perfect order, all stock, the tub looks great, no or little rust and then sell it for 8-10 grand to some collector and buy yourself a better rig for starting out with. I have been down the road your at but mine was in terrible shape so it didnt matter. Yours is sooo close to stock that you could end up making a sweet investment out of it..
    I third this - that is a great money making opertunity, just take the winch off before you sell it. The tub looks really good laong with the rest of the truck. Get it running, clean it up and sell it for $8,000 and make a crap of profit. Don't spend too much fixing it up, just get it running and clean everything up - I wouldn't even spend money on bearings or brake shoes - just sand, soak, fix up everything that you can and make some money.

It will take a TON of money to get that thing trail worthy - just buy a Toyota truck with the profits and start from there...
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    Hey Brett, I'm going to be a dick and correct you over some small detail

1984, xj
    whatever, dick

Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol
    It will take a TON of money to get that thing trail worthy - just buy a Toyota truck with the profits and start from there...
    hey, let's not fag up this thread with your gay Toyota talk, mmkay?

I think you guys are being a little overzealous on what you can get for a pre 76 AMC Jeep.

You might be able to pull 4-5k out of it if you find someone who really wants one. They aren't that hard to find.

I say it is a good deal, and a running jeep should net 3 grand. I'm just wondering how good it actually looks in person, for one that isn't the original paint, so who knows what it really looks like under that exterior, right flem? I say do Scott's idea, minus the toyota, plus a scout, those are just begging to be beat on.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

stinger7401
    Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    I think you guys are being a little overzealous on what you can get for a pre 76 AMC Jeep.

You might be able to pull 4-5k out of it if you find someone who really wants one. They aren't that hard to find.

Lets consult the man who works at the dynasty known suckering jeep buyers.....Fred what would a prime condition 74' model jeep go for?

At least its got a frame.

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

Selling it is prety much out of the question. I happen to like it and my woman's family is attached to it so they might get pissed if I sold it. If I dont keep it, I will give it to my mom to drive in Port Aransas. But, till then its all mine. And yes Cook unibodies suck.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    to me the resto project doesnt sound like that good of a deal with all the crap youd have to do to get decent cash out of it. put a 4 inch on it, with some 33's andplay around with it.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

keep it and make it into a ranch truck. fixing it up would be easy. brakes, springs, tires, new seats and your done.

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    keep it and make it into a ranch truck. fixing it up would be easy. brakes, springs, tires, new seats and your done.
    Jackpot. I already have a set of 33's collecting dust. I will need new leaf springs, the ones on it are in impressively bad condition. I was thinking a SOA would be cheap and easy, and easily clear the 33's. I was planning on re-doing all the wearable stuff; brakes, clutch, u-joints, etc. and maybe swapping to disks all around. I read about how to swap the rear cheap and easy but am not sure what to do about the front. I was also considering pol-locking it but I dunno. I would like to keep it street legal and driveable just in case so we'll have to wait and what the cash fairy has in store for me. I was actually thinking about the seats too. I have a set of s10 seats that would be perfect.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

SOA maybe not so cheap. You gonna have to do somethin about that short rear drive shaft. Maybe nick can tell you more about that.

from newly acquired experience, if your gonna dd the jeep, dont weld it. i dont like it. in retrospect, ida left it open till i can afford a locker.