Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Huntin' Jeep

NO POL-LOCKAH! This will be no wheelin rig. Its only function will be a hunting truck in the winter and a beach pimp-mobile the rest of the year. I remember Fred comparing the two axles in Clayton, but dont remember exactly what he said.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

why do you want a locker if it's gonna be a posermobile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

m20 has a bigger ring and pinion. really the only down side is the two piece axles. also, the wheel bearings are in backwards and make it a beech to take apart and assemble. the 20 has ghey torx fasteners on the diff cover also.

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    why do you want a locker if it's gonna be a posermobile?
    Cause its gonna be used hunting (i.e. MUD) and at the beach. Plus, who the f' builds a jeep with an open diff in the back?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

then I don't understand why you don't want to weld it.
    but it's your jeep
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

sell it to me for double what you paid for it, than I'll show Flem how to build a 5!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    NO POL-LOCKAH! This will be no wheelin rig. Its only function will be a hunting truck in the winter and a beach pimp-mobile the rest of the year. I remember Fred comparing the two axles in Clayton, but dont remember exactly what he said.

you just stated a very strong case for a welded diff. why spend the money on a locker if its the perfect candidate for a lincoln locker?

Then you can buy a locker for the front instead. That way when you find out it wheels much better than a fullsize and start wheeling it you'll be further along with the upcoming modifications allready.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eight
    Then you can buy a locker for the front instead. That way when you find out it wheels much better than a fullsize and start wheeling it you'll be further along with the upcoming modifications allready.
    And then he could just swap in the 14ff and 60
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Biggest reason for no pol-lockah is that it will probably see more street time than sand or dirt. Plus, I just dont fawking want to. What gearing should I go with for 33's and no overdrive? It has a V8 (304 I think). I would think 4.10s would be good but without the o/d would 3.73s be mo-betta? Any idea on what gears the axles have from the factory? I've been researching stuff on pirate and am gonna do the zuki front rotors and nissan 300z caliper disk brakes on the back. Now I need to figure out how to add power brakes.

Oh yah, were tailgates optional for CJs? I say Robbie's has one and his doesnt have as many other options as mine does (V8 and P/s) but mine doesnt have a tailgate. Did someone just booty weld a piece of sheet metal where the gate should be or did it come from the factory that way? It looks factory at a glance but I havent looked close at it and have found some other booty-tastic stuff.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    On my old axle's the gearing was like 3.54 or something, but since your's is a Renegade who it might be different.
    As for power brakes couldn't you get a later model CJ power brake booster and master cylinder?
    C.J.'s Jeep doesn't have a tailgate either, but Nick's old Jeep does. Our's are all the same year model wonder why they're different?
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

nick made the one for his btw, and this is confusing, its Roberts cheapJeep thread, but Robby is CheapJeep
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

True Hollywood Stry
    my buddies cj-5, with the three speed stick, and 304, came with 3.73, no tailgate, but it had the open knuckle 30
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJeep
    Sweet, I stole the name of the thread for my screenname.
    Creighton, this might answer your question!