Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Gilmer Trip

Nope no other carnage besides what Creighton listed. It was all mostly on his jeep... The burban did great but Eric was spotting me so that deffinately helped. On the way up there I developed a hole in one of my brakelines on the rear axle from it rubbing against the spring perch so we clamped it off until we got there. Saturday morning I didnt get to wheel the burb cause of the brakeline but around lunchtime Eric and I went into town to get the **** I needed to fix it; new line, little tube bender and a some rubber hose to cover the lines with to make chafe-gaurds (Creighton's idea). Creighton and Garret had been out wheelin while Eric and I were in town so they new of a few wide trails for the burban when I was done fixing my ****. I think I only did 3 or 4 trails in the burb but I had a blast. The burban did awsome with everything but turning. Factory push pull coupled with a detroit in the front SUCKS. With the detroits front and rear it walked up just about anything I pointed it at. There was the one rockpile where I planted the diff of my 60 on a rock REALLY hard but other than that I didnt have any problems. Some of the trails were a little tite, like wedging myself between two trees with like 2" on each side.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

sweet pics robert!
    yeah wiley coyote backwards is hard on rear springs.
    Coop I'm not sure an 8" perch would have helped...I probably should have had more than 3 thin leaves in the back, and my top antiwrap thing definitely helped for a while, but a flatter one probably would have been better. I could tell exactly when they kinked up...they were definitely doing well until then
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

How do I load pics in the trip pics section?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Same as the member rig section...FAQ
    If you've already registered on the member rigs...just log in, with that username/password
    Cody Ainsworth || FTAC '05 || '91 YJ
    4.0, SOA, 36" IROKs, D30/F8.8, LockRight/Detroit, 4.56s, Hydro-Assist, fullcage, TJ flares, blah blah blah.
    www.Jeeps-Offroad.com || Pictures

So what do you guys think of this:
    I started writing a trip report in the header of the Gilmer album. If you want to add something, you can log in, go to options>properties, and edit it in. Use <p> to make a new paragraph, and the rest works itself out.
    Or you can email sections/notes to me (especially what happened when Robert and I were eating pizza...er, getting parts) and I'll add them in.
    I'll probably work on this a bit at a time for the next few days, but if someone wants to sit down and write the whole thing, go ahead and do it, it won't hurt my feelings.
    And if you think it sucks, let me know and I'll give you one of these:

yeah that's right
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

So who do I need to talk to to get my windshield banner?

talk to the merchandise man...Ben

Shaggy
    and it is a sticker not a banner

good thing you cleared that up, cuz otherwise nobody could have figured out what he was talking about

73bronco
    figured out what was causing my carb to run like s*** on the way back. That nose dive while we were "muttin" screwed up the float level. got it apart last night and fixed it, but when i went over a bump the damn thing started stumbling again, guess a rebuild might be in order

Violentv8toy
    looks like a good trip.

Are those your chevy springs in the rear, eric? what are you gonna do now?

i wanna hear about the expedition into town, I missed that somewhere along the way
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Not chebbys, just a kludged together pack made of rancho lift (?) leaves and your stock rears...mostly. I think I just need more leaves.
    The expedition into town wasn't anything special, went to every auto part store, found out that no junkyards within any decent distance stay open on the weekends, hit up walmart and pizza hut, came back.

AgDieseler
    This one's pretty funny:

Videos?
    Please?