Thread: electrical idea

electrical idea

I have an extra trailer light hookup(the rectanglular 4 prong) that is tucked under my bedliner. Havent checked to where it is hooked up to or what. wondering if i could some how hook up a regular plug to it or hook up a power inverter to it??-lights/electric knife/radio. Any Ideas?
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

jwingfield2k
    yah, u can hook up stuff to it, just make sure youve got the brake pedal pressed in when you want power;p

The only constant power would be the running lights (and thats if the lights to your rig are on), i forget which color this one is. But it's only 16ga I believe, not sure how many amps you want to draw with this extra stuff.

BigRedFord04
    i'm sure the wire isnt big enough to run a power inverter. i used 4ga. i think for my 750watt inverter....i'm sure it draws a lot of juice.

i would just run another wire to the back of the bed from the battery with like a 60 amp fuse inline and ground to the frame, it will be a much more reliable and safer powersourch than trying to run off of trailer lights
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

You may already have a heavy power wire running to the back. I know on my burb that there is a wire that can be connected up to a post on the relay/fuse box under the hood that is designed to provide power to something like an RV or maybe a small 12v fridge. It's wired into a seven-way...so if you have a seven-way you may check that first.

ill try and get my lazy butt under it this wknd and check it out. its so nice not having to fix something every weekend!!
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy