Thread: Staun Products - bead locks

Moose

Staun Products - bead locks

http://www.staunproducts.com/beadlock.php

anyone try these before? anyone near Corpus or Euless (only vendors in Texas for the product)? before i call either vendor, has anyone priced a set of these?

just cause i know how much you guys like pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think there was a writeup about them v. normal bead locks in last months petersons rag. Dont know anyone personally that has used them, but the rag liked them because they acted as a runflat also.

Shaggy
    when you find out more about these let me know... including how much they run... looks like a pretty neat product

I'm in Corpus, but I've never heard of the local distributor - Trail Duty. If you want me to look in to it and ask around I can try...

usmcagg02
    i'd like whatever info you find about them also

Moose
    i don't figure they'd be much considering it's basically a canvas carcas wrapped over an inner tube, probably be paying mostly for the design of the canvas carcas? price would be my motivation and being i really don't want to pull the cross section of the tire out more than how it already rests compared to the tread width. i just hope the air pressure of the "lock" alone is enough to hold the bead from moving as compared to the "clamping" power of the standard lock
    Last edited by Moose; 02-19-2005 at 06:48 PM.

Not sure if its the same company or not but the ones I saw, which were just like that, where over $200 a piece. Thats pretty expensive considering you can get some MRW's and other steel beadlocks for less.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's