Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Help! : )

4x4TahoeGal

Help! : )

Hey I am thinking about putting a small body lift on top of my 6" susp. on my 'Hoe, and I was curious if anyone in the club knew how to put it on who could show me/help me or whatever... I would really appreciate it so I wouldn't have to spend a buttload at 4WP. If anyone's interested, please let me know, we can negotiate a price or what not. By the way, more people should have gone to Gilmer this past weekend b/c it was a lot of fun, I thought! That place has a lot of fun trails, so I would recommend going there for those who haven't yet! Thanks guys...!

we can do it here in the driveway.... not a big deal...let me know

let me know too, I would like to help out as well.
    (hijack) and if you have those pictures developed bring them to the meeting if possible on wens (end Hijack)
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I may have done one or five or so of those in my younger days. Its a fair amount of work, plan on a full day.

its easy to do just takes a long time. took me 2 days but that was when i didnt know a screwdriver from a socket!!!!
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

Do you have to rip up the carpet on those trucks to get to the bolts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

i had to take the driver seat out of my 97 chevy but that was it
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    1983 Waggy

Shaggy
    question... why do you want body lift... your not going to bigger tires are you... your tahoe looks good at that height and the tires seem to not rub anywhere.... just curious... and i think body lifts look bad

I can help too. I've done a body lift on a 97 Z71 so the tahoe shouldnt be too different. The part I had trouble with the first time was figuring out how to get the bumper off but now I knw exactly how. It shouldnt take a whole day, maybe like 5 hours especially if we have enough people and tools.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    ill help.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

savvyaggie
    it only took me 2 hours, to put mine on by my self on the bronco(and less time to take it back off). but I did not have any bumpers to relocate, and I heard that is what takes so much time...

it really kills the gas tank-more than a suspension lift would. makes everything rattle. i have decided to not do a body a DD again!! if you do put it on my sure and get the gap guards-itll look 1k times better.
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    1983 Waggy

True Hollywood Stry
    or you can make the gap guards out or thats black garden border from home depot we did it on a friends truck, in highschool and it looked pretty good for like 10 bucks versus like i think a hundred or so for the guards, how much you wanting to go cause with an inch or even two the gap isnt gonna be near as noticable as with a three.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

unneeded body lift = ghey

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    question... why do you want body lift... your not going to bigger tires are you... your tahoe looks good at that height and the tires seem to not rub anywhere.... just curious... and i think body lifts look bad
    i concur

looks good as it is
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4