Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aussie Locker

Aussie Locker

Well, I decided that I wasn't going on a trip over spring break and I wanted to install an Aussie Locker in the front of my Jeep. Well, I decided that I wanted to buy one, so today I did. Thats all just thought I would share
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Now we're in trouble!
    As is your front axle
    you shouldn't have a problem ebaying that aussie when the axle explodes, though, no shortage of turd polishers in the jeep world
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    Now we're in trouble!
    As is your front axle
    you shouldn't have a problem ebaying that aussie when the axle explodes, though, no shortage of turd polishers in the jeep world
    Couldn't have said it better myself. This Creighton, is for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

73bronco
    now you're really gonna be glad you have that cage!

You gonna install that yourself? I wouldnt mind helping cuz i plan on getting the same one for my 44. Let me know when you plan on doing it

locker means that I am going to CRAWL more, less throttle. Anyways, for $200, i don't consider it a polished turd. Anyways, I am going to install it over the break in Dallas
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

Are you still going to Gilmer the first weekend at least?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

i won't be in Gilmer but I may drive up to Clayton and wheel if I get the locker installed

stinger7401
    I don't know why everyone is soo afraid of lockers, I have wheeled with them in both axles for years and my front is a lunchbox that used to be in my rear and look at Conlee, locked up both ends with a 30 in the front and 35" tires and I think the only casualty was 1 front u-joint that again he blew where we knew we shouldnt have been.....lock it up and run circles around everyone..

Quote Originally Posted by stinger7401
    I don't know why everyone is soo afraid of lockers, I have wheeled with them in both axles for years and my front is a lunchbox that used to be in my rear and look at Conlee, locked up both ends with a 30 in the front and 35" tires and I think the only casualty was 1 front u-joint that again he blew where we knew we shouldnt have been.....lock it up and run circles around everyone..
    Because once your locked front and rear you no longer have an excuse to not try some insane line...except for ball size

...I'm gonna catch **** for this one
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

Yea here's the guy with the mighty 8" toy axle and a guy that tries to think he wheels a suburban talkin **** about a good jeep axle. The TJ axle has solid shafts and 297 u-joints. That's stronger than a toyoty axle and probably stronger per weight than 30 spline stubs in an 8000lb thing. Just look at how hard people in this club wheel them, with very little breaking.

Just lock up that d44 and you'll be able to put that jeep in places you shouldn't.

I haven't had any real problems with my D30 and a Lock-Right other than breaking a u-joint turning too sharp into the driveway with only the front driveshaft installed. It's worked flawlessly off-road and helped a lot in Katemcy. Keep a set of spare shafts in the back just in case, but that's something everybody should do anyway. For $200, it wasn't a waste of money or an expensive bottle of polish in any way at all.

In case their instructions aren't too clear, here's the write-up I did when I installed mine.

http://www.lonestar4x4.net/tech/dana30-1.htm

I'm just givin him crap. We had mucho inerbriated discussion about lockers and such in Gilmer.

you were just itching to use that polished turd pic. The corn is a nice touch. I just don't see the difference in a giant douche or a turd sandwich...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Doesn't conlee have the super burly mucho $$$ 30 setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

stinger7401
    kind of, i think when he blew out the u-joint he replaced that one side with warn shafts, but up untill that point he all stock equipment, which was 3 years or so with a locked up 30......just run it!