Thread: TJ steering wheel

matt

TJ steering wheel

I talked with a guy on another forum that removed the airbag steering wheel from his TJ and replaced it with grant stuff. Do any of you guys know about this? It doesn't look that bad but I would be worried about the airbag system still trying to deploy in a wreck.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

I didn't check the links above so this may be redundant. If you replace the steering wheel in the jeep you lose the airbag. It will be gone so naturally it can't deploy in a wreck. By the same token, since it is gone it can't deploy in a wreck, the part about it I disagree with. I still have a sister today because of her airbag, don't ditch it. It's not hurting anything, and does the grant wheel really look that much cooler? Spend that 50 bucks on some of those kickass stirrup steps or some "wet okole" seat covers, I think Fred could get you a deal
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

grant steering wheels are ****. I've been through half a dozen or so install kits because the ****ty aluminum adapter strips out way to easy.

edit: just looked at that pirate link, that steering wheel looks like ass. kwality is #1

if you just pull the ABS fuse it should disable ABS for wheeling, right?
    I've also heard of people stripping the splines off a grant. Definitely not an upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

and the socket head screws rust.

id ditch those seatbelts too. way to restrictive.