Thread: rear axle

lowballing someone

rear axle

my little brother blew up the limited slip and shredded the pumpkin up in his 97 z71, it was kinda funny that when i took off the cover half of it fell out, so anyway is it better to rebuild or to find a replacement, or does anyone have a 10 bolt that i can buy or have
    thanks all
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Shaggy
    there are tuns of them at the junkyard... they should go for cheap

lowballing someone
    i called 4 of the yards in town and none fo them said they had any, what year's would fit, i would like it to be a z71 bc that had a factory limited slip, the truck is a 97
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

the hard about that truck is going to be finding a six-lug axle. all 4x's were six-lug. there are ****-tons of 5-lug ten bolts. did you try Dogget's there in Bryan?

lowballing someone
    ive called all of the yards in bryan and about 12 in houston, ive found 2 axles in houston one from a 93 and a 95 but they want 800 and no warranty

can i put in a 14 bolt or is that not a 6 lug, sorry i don't know chevy's that well, i'm a jeep and vw guy

not 6-lug
    go to some of the ghetto junkyards around here...there's one in Welborn that has a 88-98 chebby or two...take welborne road until you hit the booming metropolis of welborne, there will be a big green street sign on your right with arrows pointing left, turn there and go about a mile. The jyard will be on your right. Maybe some of these guys will fill you in on some of the "secret" junkyards around here too. I would bet money that the Picknpull in north houston of I45 has a dozen axles that you could use...maybe even with lsd
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    also i think they makea semi float 6 lug 14bolt that came in the 2500 z-71 am i right.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

the heavy halfs were six lug semi-float 14 bolts. check the wms to wms if you find one. The one I got for my uncle was narrower than his stock 10 bolt. I don't no why. That's what he says and the wheels do look closer to the springs and sometimes rub the inner fender. anybody know for sure?

just thought of this: you may be able to get a 5-lug 10-bolt and swap axle shafts w/ your current 6-lugger if they haven't been boogered up on the splines.

lowballing someone
    well i ended up getting a new set of gears and an auburn locker for him and it will all be here on friday so thanks for the help everyone