Thread: Pigpen

Threaded View

Pigpen

This was my first truck. Its an 84 Chevy C20 (2wd 3/4 ton). I blew up the 350 that was in it when I was 16 so its been sitting in my shop for a couple years. A few months ago I got the crazy idea to convert it to 4x4. I tore all the 2wd suspension off the front and started drilling holes, then got tired of it. I didnt touch it for about 6 months but became interested again during the break, mostly because I need to get it out of the way so I can get project cheapjeep in there. Anyway I decided to go balls to the wall and put the current 56" rear springs in the front, and a set of 63" ones in the rear. I have all the brackets from a 4x4 but some of them didnt fit so I'm having to do a little fab work for everything to go together. I'm gonna throw a 6.2L diesel I have in there for its low end torque and water-proofness and put the D60, 14 bolt and tires from the Burban on it. As usual, I'm aiming to spend as little as possible on it and si far I have $20 in bolts invested. Here's pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by afroman006; 10-02-2005 at 03:37 PM.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"