Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

well now replace that 6.2 w/ the turbo 6.5
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Got the motor pulled today. I got the pan off and nothing appears to be in bad shape. The pan was clean as a whistle on the inside and every moves ok. I'm just gonna do the pan gasket and rear main seal. I also want to replace the waterpump with a high flow one I got from oliver, but the impeller on the high flow one hits the plate that bolts onto the back of the pump, so I'm gonna have to figure out what to do about that tomorow. Here's pics from today.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

73bronco
    looks like you got some crap in that oil pump

Here's what I did yesterday. I found that one of my fusable links is melted, what could cause this? I will venture to guess that this is why it would not even make the starter click at gilmer when I was trying to load it on the trailer. Also, hows this bearing look? Its the rear main cap. Also, is the seal surface on the crank supposed to look like this? Thanks.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Today I noticed that the fusible link connected to the starter melted the loom around it, and I assume its not supposed to do that. Its not burned all the way through like the other one though. Could they both be fubar'd from cranking on the engine for long periods of time? I've been having to do that alot to get it started and blleding the fuel system.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Just sounds like the loom's getting too hot due to excessive cranking which in turn caused it to melt. It shouldn't do that IMO. Couldn't you just pick up two new links and go from there?
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

id put bearings in there since its apart. that crosshatch pushes the oil back into the seal. supposed to not leak as much. get rid of the link, put a real fuse in there.

Never took motor apart, just took pan and rear cap off to do the seal. Its all back together now and will be going back into the truck tomorow. I would just replace them with normal fuses but I have no idea what size fuse to use. I might just put two new links on and go from there.

Well then how do you know what size of fusible links to use?

No. Thats what napa counter monkeys are for.

think about what you just said...

Here's what I did yesterday. Havent done anything today because of the weather but will buckle down tomorow. I shaved an inch off the bottom of the engine crossmember and plated it, and made some bump stop brackets. Also got the shock towers bolted on and the shocks installed. Went ahead and cleaned up the wiring as much as possible.

what'd you use for the bushings on your engine mounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

1.5" poly spring bushings.

Got the motor most of the way back in today. After taking the motor off the engine stand and hoisting it in the air, I noticed the oil pan that I put on was different, much different. Different enough that it would not clear my engine crossmember. FAWK!! Had to replace it with original pan, and it took a whole lot of wiggling just to get the motor connected to the tranny, I didnt even get the motor mount bolts in. Tomorow's gonna be a loonnggggg day.