Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

I found out the "different" oil pan was from a hummer so thats why it wouldnt fit. Anyway, today I got alot done. I got the motor 100% in and hooked up. Only thing left to do is coolant and a little bracket to mate the tranny shifter cable to the tranny. I bought the shifter used and it didnt come with the bracket. I've made two different ones, and neither was the right length from the pivot point on the tranny to the pivot point on the end of the cable, so they wont shift into all the gears. The passenger side door now opens too. I got my power steering cooler hooked up, for some reason this was the most exciting part of my day. It fit like it was made for the truck (it might have been, I found it in the bed of a truck at Gordons). I also replaced the solenoid on the starter, and put a new radiator in. I might make it to 47 tomorow, we'll see how much I can get done in the morning and if it actually starts like a good mother****ing piece of ****.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Today, I didnt do much. I got my aftermarket gauges installed. They came from a parts truck in case you're wondering. After that, I built a rack to mount my ammo can and high lift jack over the gas tank, and leave the space between the tank and spare tire for an icechest.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    Well then how do you know what size of fusible links to use?
    2 gauge sizes smaller than the wire its protecting. Never seen fusible links rated to fail at a specified amperage.

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    TThey came from a parts truck in case you're wondering.
    No way.

so have you actually started it yet?

73bronco
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    so have you actually started it yet?
    hahaha, hell no he hasnt. Busy worrying about mounting the high lift and ammo can instead of doing something that might actually mean the difference from being able to take it to clayton or not

Quote Originally Posted by 73bronco
    hahaha, hell no he hasnt. Busy worrying about mounting the high lift and ammo can instead of doing something that might actually mean the difference from being able to take it to clayton or not

what about you? You're going, right? Everything ready?

True Hollywood Stry
    did you notch your floor so you can get it into 4wd as well yet?
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

73bronco
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    what about you? You're going, right? Everything ready?

just have to put the spool in tomorrow and rewire my rocklights

Got the floor chopped today and all the loose crap tied up. Mario came over and gave me a hand with the hood, as well as mounting my spare tire. Using nothing more than my truck, a piece of pipe and a piece of rebar mario was able to remove the old 10 ply 31 and put on the new 38. It was rather impressive. I also cranked it a little. Didnt start quite yet but tried to a few times. The batteries were dead so they're chargin now. Here's pics.
    Last edited by afroman006; 12-13-2005 at 02:50 AM.

You try starting fluid? You're probably gonna need some in clayton even if you do get it starting good here.

Starting fluid bad for diesel! I've actually heard it isnt that bad as long as you dont use the glowplugs, but if you use it and the glowplugs, cracked pistons, bent pushrods and all kinds of other carnage can result. My glowplugs are all new so they work, I think my fuel system still has air in it and my motor doesnt have very good compression.

AgDieseler
    Quote Originally Posted by eight
    You try starting fluid? You're probably gonna need some in clayton even if you do get it starting good here.
    Yeeeeeaaaaaah, that's a real bad idea.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    A very very conservative amount of starting fluid will not hurt. I stress conservative!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

If it was bad I'd have killed something by now. Or I would know somebody that had killed one by now. Remove that warning sticker and it'll be OK. Or you can put a rag over the intake and drip gasoline onto it, but the starting fluid works better.