Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

Well I dont have to do any of that crap now. I bled the fuel system and there was alot of air in the injector lines. I bled them while just cranking the engine, then bled them with the engine running and as far as I can tell, all cylinders are in good working order. It still vibrates a bit but its probably just the poly bushing motor mounts. I let it run for about 20 minutes and drove it around, engine runs good and the tranny kinda shifts now. I ended up hooking the vacuum pump directly to the vacuum modulater on the tranny. It shifts really soft but I'll order an adjustable modulator after clayton. The now tranny cooler/formerly engine oil cooler aparently had a little oil left in it, I checked the tranny fluid level and it left black streaks on the towel so I guess I'll change the fluid tomorow. I wish my pan had a damn drain plug. Only problem really is that it doesnt turn all the way to the left, because the draglink is too long. It can turn right like a mofo though. A few more little things tomorow and we'll be good to go.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

You can get a drainplug kit at any auto parts store. I have one on dodge transmission.

Is it a weld on bung and a plug? Can I do it with a MIG?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

You drill a hole, then install plug housing thing. No welding.

Ok cool thanks.

sounds good, and it is running too
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Where did you pickup that ammo box? Also, if you order one of those isolators, let me know. I still need to get one. I'll order with you.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

A gun show. Ok, we'll see. Garret just told me he has an isolator I can have so I'm gonna try that and if it doesnt work I'll probably order one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by davido
    Where did you pickup that ammo box? Also, if you order one of those isolators, let me know. I still need to get one. I'll order with you.
    I think I may have seen one that size the last time I was at the army surplus store near campus. If not, rugged outfitters normally has a few of the larger ones

Ok in my grand sceme to make pigpen street legal, the biggest obstacle is going to be mouting tail lights and the rear license plate. The license plate needs to have a light on it, which is another obstacle. The biggest problem is mounting everything so that it wont get damaged on the back of pigpen on the trail. I Was thinking, pount the tail light and license plate assembly on a removeable rack that I can slide into the rear receiver hitch for street driving, and remove it once I get to the trail so it doesnt get damaged. What do yall think?

if I were you I'd wait a couple days and see how the Ugly truck does it. I hear that guy's got something cool in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I was going to say ask Eric, or go hot rod style and french them in to your cab. Stacy just did a "How to French Your License Plate into your Tailgate" on Trucks last weekend. That would be fly. The other option is just to mount them inside the frame rail. Run some steel on the top and bottom to box it in a little if you think it's necessary.
    Last edited by davido; 01-19-2006 at 03:21 PM.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I thought about mounting the lights on the back of the cab but I dont know how visible they'de be to beercan cars. I am using a set of lights off a parts truck that are like the factory TJ ones. I would just mount them like Eric, but my spare tire takes up the entire area on the back part of the frame. One way or the other the license plate is probably gonna have to be mounted on the receiver hitch though.

welcome to teh suck of trying to figure out how to carry a spare on a short vehicle while maintaining your visibility
    you should bungee cord some stock corner lights to the spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

hey ive got you a free vacum modulator thingy
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?