Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Maybe "The test stick" would be a better name.
    You mean like a pap smear? GROSS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

*** dammit is "depth finder" better?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I think a two or three character numbering system is the only way you're gonna keep track of all your projects...cute names are just gonna get lost and confused unless you have them placed in some logical order.
    Maybe you could talk to your friendly school librarian about how the Dewey Decimal System can be adapted to suit your needs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

73bronco
    what tranny/trans case are you planning on running?

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    *** dammit is "depth finder" better?

so's my johnson

Quote Originally Posted by 73bronco
    what tranny/trans case are you planning on running?
    Whatever I can get a good deal on. The truck has a perfectly functional 2wd TH400 in it now so if I can find a divorced 205 that'd be sweet. I would prefer a mated pair though but havent found anything through my hookups so far.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

search for th400 and texasblake on pirate. I think he swapped around tailshafts on a th400
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Hhmmmmm, Blake is a local down in Corpus, I dont know him though. I also have a np205 version th400 but it doesnt work, but methinks a tailshaft swap wouldnt be a bad idea if I could find someone to show me how to do it.

He's swapping a 4wd TH400 tailshaft and output onto a 2wd BOP pattern TH400 so it will bolt to his Caddilac motor. I think he has also actually had to have an adapter-type plate machined because of length differences and whatnot, but don't quote me on that...

Well I ended up buying a TH400/NP205 combo from a local down in Corpus. I paid $500 for it and it will be my most expensive investment. The tranny has a stage two shift kit in it and less than 2000 miles on it. The NP205 has the 32 spline long input and 6 bolt round adapter mount. Everything's in great shape. Ironically enough, the tranny combo was the one that was originally mounted to the engine I am using, so thats tite. I painted the tranny and adapter and may do the 205 if I get some flap disks, but I probably wont bother painting the 205 till I do a doubler. I am going to twin stick the 205 so that should be fun. Thats all the updates for now.

Today I put the completely refurbished front springs back together, painted the shackels and lengthened the front of the frame to accomodate the relocated front hanger, and have somewhere to mount a bumper. I would threaten to post pics but my computer is about to find its way under the wheel of my goddam truck so it probably wont happen in the near future.

Here are pics of my not-exciting yet excrutiatingly slow progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

True Hollywood Stry
    did you jsut butt weld that piece to the frame? Arent you attaching your shackle hanger to that, i would think at minimum it should be boxed, but i prolly would have though about fish plating the new frame piece or something along those lines, just my opinion.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Yes, it is just butt-welded. Only one bolt out of eight is going to be attached to the extension on each side and the bumper will still have at least two bolts on the original frame so I'm not too worried about it. Plus I'm a badass welder so that always helps. Actually, welding vertically and upside down with a MIG is hard! I think I got the hang of it though, I just kept welding in creases and grinding it smooth again until it was finally perfectly even with the frame.

Violentv8toy
    what me and my buddy did on the rear of my frame was we found some channel that was slightly smaller than the frame and shoved it in there and welded it in place. It would probably have been good for you since those damn front frame pieces are the problem spots.