Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

did you "completely refurbish" a 2-leaf spring pack!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

No I kept 4 of the original 7 leaf pack. I will probably have to add another leaf or two to each side because thats what everyone else has had to do but we'll see. The leafs are alternately painted black and silver.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    The leafs are alternately painted black and silver.
    cute
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Here's some progress pics. The first is of the dual alternator'd 6.2 thats going in the truck. I am going to run two seperate electrical systems on the vehicle, one for all the factory stuff, and one for all the accesories. No comments on how rusty the alternator or bracket are, the bracket will get sanded and the alternator replaced before this is operational. I am also going to fab a york bracket, but I'm waiting to see how much room I have left once the fenders are narrowed. The second is the truck as it sits now, with a front axle, resting on the suspension for the first time in over a year. The last is the shackle angle. It is perfect right now, with no engine or tranny. So I am deffinately going to have to add at least one more leaf to each pack. Thats all for now, hopefully tomorow I'll get the motor bolted in place and start fabbing the tranny crossmember.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

aggieblazer07
    good job

Got the engine and tranny set in place today. The engine is bolted in on my baller crossmember and fit perfectly, and the tranny is being supported by the floorjack, and I am going to start on its crossmember tomorow. I was suprised with how well the springs handled the weight of the engine, they squished a little bit more, but they still have a slight arch, and are not flat. I am still going to add another leaf, because the tranny is still supported by the floorjack and I am going to be hanging my 130 pound warn M12000 on the front, as well as the front clip and the future exo-cage.

I was hoping to get started on the tranny crossmember today, but when I was putting the tranny back on the engine, I decided to take the glowplugs out so that I could spin the engine easier in order to put all the flexplate to torque converter bolts in. Well ****, 6 out of 8 glow plugs were mushroomed, one was broken, and one was fine. I could not find a trace of the broken one, so I guess its gone like a fart in the wind. For all the mushroomed ones, I ended up having to brake them off with a hammer, then extract the broken end out of the head with a magnet and needle nose pliers. So that chewed up a good 2 hours. Anyway, here's pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

is that already the 60 out of the suburban? lookin good man!

True Hollywood Stry
    looks good man
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Yup that is the suburban's 60. The engine sits about 1" lower than stock, the mechanical fan will hit the crossmember if I try to turn it. I cam going to be running electirc fans anyway so this isnt an issue, but getting the damn fan off is. IT WILL NOT COME OFF!!! I heated it as hot as I dare with the torch and was beating on it with a hammer and it will not budge. It doesnt have the normal slots going outward from the bolts like a normal gas engine fan, it just has holes. For whatever reason, it wont move. Does anyone have any handy dandy fan removal tips? Oliver, are 6.2 fans special? Thanks.

Is there one big nut on the back of the fan? Are those reverse thread?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

gonna do a turbo or anything like that?

No there's no nut on the back, it has 4 nuts holding it on the front. Will, do you think I would put a $1000+ turbo kit on a free engine? Too much skrilla for this killa.

i dunno man, you do alot of stuff that i wouldnt think you'd do. anythings a possability with robert.

what's the problem with the fan? You can't get the 4 bolts off? You can't keep it in place while you turn them? Or is it a 1" dia fine thread post like mine and you just can't break it? would it help to drill a hole through the water pump and put a screwdriver through it?

AgDieseler
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    ...do you think I would put a $1000+ turbo kit on a free engine? Too much skrilla for this killa.
    You could buy a kit, or you can build a setup yourself for about half that. In any case, enjoy the non turbo power.