Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

I do use the angle iron trick for longer cuts but the wavy bracket started out as a rectangle and i didnt cut it into the angled shape until I had the tubes welded on the end so I couldnt have used the angle iron. I thought about building a new crossmember, but decided not too because after I built the engine and tranny crossmember, I was crossmembered out. At this point, I'm gonna see how well the normal frame holds up and if there are issues, I'll box it.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

The big day is getting so close I can taste it! The only major hurdle left is the brake system, and I am waiting on my linelock and proportioning valve to do it. Today, I got a bnuch of little stuff done. Got the fuel tank bracket mounted and the tank set in place. I got the fuel filter bracket, power distribution block and glow plug solenoid mounted on the firewall and the hydroboost system bolted on. Plumbed most of the fuel system, only thing left is fuel return line to the tank. I also put the steering brackets in for good. Tomorow I will be pickin up my cross over steering system so look for that excitement soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

is this thing gonna have a bed? Got your tool/spare storage figured out yet? What's the cage gonna look like? Also, I only see one tank. Where's the veggie oil gonna go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

No bed. I was thinking a couple of ammo cans like yours for storage, but I need to find some big enough first. The cage is gonna look like an exo. No veggie oil, since its just a trail truck, I wont be driving it often enough to justify the trouble of the veggie. Plus I want to see all the ways you **** stuff up doing it before I try it.

dude a trail truck is the ideal application of veggie. Just need a few gallons per trip (unlike everyday driving where you would have to track down several gallons a week), and instead of smelling like butthole like most diesels, your exhaust smells like french fries!
    I think the ammo cans I have are as big as they get. Not cheap either, like $30 a piece. I think they're 30mm or something weird?
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

AgDieseler
    veggie is pretty simple to setup. just need a thorough filtering system

and a warming system

aggieblazer07
    my mom got me a couple ammo cans at a flea market in Alfred. They were $10 a peice and she said they had some bigger ones.

if you add some regular diesel 80 veggie/20 diesel mix and mix it well enough (emulsify it) should be fine in the texas heat. If you worried about cold just throw a heater core in the tank and tape the heater lines to the fuel lines.

Goddamit you guys. Now that I'm thinking about it, I will not be using the factory heater, so it would be a cinch to route the lines back to the tank and booty fab a heater. Oh well, that will wait for another day, for now this thing will (hopefully) smell like butthole. Eric, if you paid $30 apiece for ANY ammo can, I salute you for receiving possibly the worst anal ream of all time. I'll probably just use one of the cans from the Burban, they are ****ing huge and will hold anything I should need to take on the trail. I got my brake parts and steering system today so look for some killa pics tomorow!

well, to do it the easy way: get a 12 volt fuel pump and a remote oil filter set up. pour the oil through a cloth filter to get out the big stuff. then use the fuel pump and filter to to get it down to the fine micron stuff. don't filter the crud off the bottom of the containers. leave that for the dog. mix it 80/20 and blend the hell out of it...haven't figured how to blend it was thinking of using a weedeater w/ a prop on it and a shortened shaft like Butler use to have.

73bronco
    get one of those paint blenders that fit in your drill

aggieblazer07
    just get a little fan blade and put it on the drill

I got the steering installed and some of the brakes done today. The ****ing brakelines are taking as long as I expected, they are all 3/16" lines but use 3 different sized fittings in various places.
    [rant]
    Jegs is stupid. I ordered a adjustable proportioning valve and linelock from them and got them on time. Both were Jegs brand. The proportioning valve has 8 AN female thread from the input and output, but it came with two brass fittings to convert the 8 AN to 3/16" double flare, the standard for most brake systems. The linelock also has 8 AN female threads for the input and output, but it didnt come with any adapter fittings. Where is the logic in that? Now I get to go to vato zone and try to find the least useless person there and convince them to let me dig through their fittings, since I really doubt they could tell a double flare from their dick (or twat).
    [/rant]

Here's some progress pics. I got most of the brakelines done today, I just need to instal one more. Luckily, the stars aligned and I was able to find a monkey who knew what he was doing at O'reily's and got the conversion fittings for the linelocks, as well as some other fittings that I needed. The power steering is hooked up, and I mod'd the pump to flow more to help whenever I decide to instal my hydro assist. Got the crossover steering put on and the rear driveshaft bolted in. Tomorow I am hoping to finish up the brakelines and wiring, and maybe start with the fluids. I still dont have soft brakelines running to the axles so that is a holdup at this point. Here's pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images